15th October 2015, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Valuable higher studies after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?

After completing diploma in mechanical engineering in 84 percentage, what's next course having value to study my higher studies? I Want to join college in tamilnadu

Related Questions:
  1. How to go for higher studies after passing Mechanical engineering?
  2. How can I do higher studies after diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Which course should I take up?
  3. After Mechanical engineering what will be best for me in the field of higher studies?
  4. Am I eligible to do any masters degree after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  5. Which path I choose next? Central government job or higher studies after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering with 86% marks?
  6. What are the opportunities of higher studies after completing Diploma of 3 years?
  7. What is the scope of various fields in mechanical engineering to do higher studies? Which is better between M.E and MBA? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  8. How to go for higher studies in ceremic engineering?
  9. Valuable courses after Diploma Mechanical to earn more money and scope?
  10. Will I be eligible to do higher studies in abroad after completion of diploma in computer science?
  11. Higher studies after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering by Distance Education? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is it beneficial to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering instead of Higher Secondary?
  13. Is it preferable to do higher studies or should I continue with my job?
  14. Higher courses which are valuable for me after B.E Computer Science?
  15. What to do after studying Mechanical Engineering?
  16. Best stream to d PG in Germany after Mechanical engineering?
  17. Which course we can do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  18. Can I get best jobs after Diploma or higher studies is necessary? What kind of job can I get after Diploma?
15th October 2015, 05:39 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

Default Re: Valuable higher studies after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?

Here is my opinion on this topic:

I suggest you to continue education by either choosing the option of engineering degree, B Tech or any other post diploma courses. Engineering sector is all about personal growth, knowledge and experience. The more experienced and educated you are in your field, the more bright chances will be waiting for you in future. Don’t think of doing a job at this stage. Your educational qualification is not as good as it needs to be for a dream job at this stage.

As far as courses are concerned, you may choose any courses of your interest for engineering degree or B Tech. After getting degree in mechanical engineering you will have many options for jobs.
15th October 2015, 08:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It is quite confusing for you regarding , what to do after mechanical engineering diploma.
Here is list of job oriented courses:

Catia
Ansys
CNC Training
CAD Training
CAM Training
Auto CAD
RADIOSS Training
ADCNC
PRO/E
15th October 2015, 08:47 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

After completing diploma with 84%, you can directly get admission in 2nd year of Bachelor course in any engineering college.

Many prominent engineering colleges have established in Tamilnadu, you can get admission to these colleges by giving Lateral Entry Exam.

There are about 552 engineering colleges in Tamilnadu.

Among these colleges, top colleges are listed below:
  • IIT Madras
  • VIT University, Vellore
  • Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Coimbatore
  • Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore
  • Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
  • SRM University, Chennai
  • SASTRA University, Thanjavur
  • PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
  • National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
  • College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai
  • SSN College of Engineering, Kalavakkam
  • Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
  • Karunya University, Coimbatore

You can take the help of following books for Lateral Entry Exam preparation:

Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree (B.E./B.Tech) Exam Guide (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Price: Rs. 172

LEET Lateral Entry Entrance Test 2015: Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree Programmes for Diploma Holders (2nd year/3rd Semester)
Author: G. K. P
Publisher: G K Publications
Price: Rs. 469

LEET Lateral entry entrance test: Specially Prepared for Harayana 2015
Author: Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Price: Rs. 443

LEET (Lateral Entry Engineering Test by V. Kapoor
Publisher: Gk Publishers
Price: Rs. 160
15th October 2015, 09:19 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

You want to go for higher studies right after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You need to do is chose the college in Tamilnadu.

Since the best course after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is "B.E/B.Tech " . It will give you better career opportunities like getting placed in various PSU's through GATE Score.

<> IIT ,Madras

<> Sastra University

<> VIT University

<> Amrita School of Engineering

<> PSG College of Technology

<> SRM University etc.,
15th October 2015, 09:23 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to go for higher study then you should go for B.tech after which you can get good jobs with a good salary package.
If you are doing B.tech then you will take admission in Lateral entry that is you will complete in 3 years where normally B.tech is 4 years course.

The lit of best Engineering college in Tamil Nadu...

Indian Institute of Technology, Madras

Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Coimbatore

Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai

SRM University, Chennai

SASTRA University, Thanjavur

PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore

National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli

Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai

Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore

Velammal Engineering College, Chennai

St. Joseph's College of Engineering, Chennai

Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore

Panimalar Engineering College, Chennai

Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi

Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore

Institute of Road and Transport Technology, Erode

Government College of Technology, Coimbatore

Easwari Engineering College, Chennai

Anna University Tiruchirappalli, BIT Campus

Vels University, Chennai

Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College, Coimbatore
15th October 2015, 09:49 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is good that you have scored 84% of marks in your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering which reveals that you are good at academics.Having completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, there will be 2 major options for you to choose
-Going for Jobs
-Going for Higher studies.

If you want to do job, you can try for job opportunities in Engineering companies or companies based Mechanics. You will be given junior level posts and you need to compromise on your salary as less salary will be given to junior level posts. Promotions will take time and salary increments will also not be good until and unless you switch to a new company.

I suggest you to go for Higher studies. Better to opt for Engineering (BE / B.Tech) course with any of the following streams
-Mechanical Engineering
-Metallurgy
-Mechatronics.

As you have already completed diploma course, directly you will be given admission to 2nd year of Engineering course through Lateral Entry program.

Mechanical Engineering is a ever green course and there will be plenty of job opportunities for the candidates.

You can also get into public sector companies like BHEL,NTPC and ISRO etc. after completion of Mechanical Engineering.

If you are not interested in Mechanical Engineering, then you can opt for other Engineering streams like Computer Science Engineering or Information Technology etc.
15th October 2015, 10:13 PM
RRAL

It is good That you are interested to do the higher studies. Basically students go for the BE/B.tech course after completing the diploma in engineering.

There is one scheme known as later entry scheme. By this you can get the admission directly in the second year of engineering.
15th October 2015, 10:16 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

After Diploma in Mechanical Engineering I think you try a job and the career options after diploma in engineering is mainly for junior level posts.

Valuable higher studies after Diploma in Mechanical engineering

-> You can do B.E or B.Tech in Mechanical, Metallurgy.

-> You can also do AMIE.
15th October 2015, 11:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The best and the most suitable course after diploma in mechanical engineering is the bachelor's degree in engineering for the best career and job opportunities.

You must appear for the Lateral Entry Entrance Test for direct admission in second year of engineering. For this exam a candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.

The examination is conducted in the month of June. After bachelor of technology, you can get jobs in public sectors, private sector.
15th October 2015, 11:39 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

***B.Tech is the best higher study Option after diploma in Mechanical Engineering. After completion of after diploma in Mechanical Engineering you can get direct entry in 2nd year B.Tech through Lateral Entry

**Lateral Entry is for the students who wish to join B.Tech after their diploma. In this scheme the diploma holders can directly join in engineering courses from the second year itself.

>>But for this entry, you have to take part in the State level lateral entry test conducted by the university. The qualified students will get admission to engineering courses in various recognized colleges.

->Eligibility for B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry --
-You must have pursed Diploma in automobile/ mechanical.
- You must possess a minimum of 60% in diploma examination.
-The maximum age limit is 28 years.
15th October 2015, 11:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Mechanical Engineering is the core stream of engineering with immense job opportunities in public and private sector. So I would suggest you go for the bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from a top college of India.

After completion of diploma in mechanical engineering, you can apply for the LEET exam as well as for the JEE mains exam. You can appear for the LEET exam if you want admission in college in Tamil Nadu as you have mentioned in query.

For admission in government college like NIT, IIIT and other government engineering college, you must appear for JEE Mains exam.
16th October 2015, 12:43 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The valuable higher studies option for you will be to pursue bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from any good engineering institute. Diploma candidates can apply for the Joint Entrance exam mains as well as for the LEET exam for the direct entry in second year of engineering.

So choice is yours for which exam, you want to appear either for JEE mains or LEET. For LEET exam you must have at least 60% marks.

After that you can get:

**Jobs in PSUs.

** Indian Engineering Services.

**Private sector in tata motors, ford motors etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?