12th March 2016, 10:46 AM
Nayak Lopamudra

Way to enter into the field of Army or Air Force after BA in Sociology?

Now I'm in BA 1st year with the sociology honours , and after completing graduation I want to entered into the field of army or air force, through which way i entered into the field of army or airforce.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Air Force being a candidate from BCA course?
  2. Is there any merit based selection for Army/Air Force/Navy recruitment through NDA-II entrance exam?
  3. Girls allowed to join Defense Core after 12th? Details about the option?
  4. In which fields one can get a job after getting B.Tech degree other than MNC's like research centers?
  5. Opportunities in government sector and in Army? What is logistic field in Air Force? Is CS engineering required?
  6. Can I apply for Merchant Navy in Commerce Background?
  7. Can I apply for Indian Air Force and Army having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering? Procedure to join Air Force and Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to join Army Air Force after passing 10th class?
  9. What is the career scope for me in IAF after completion of BCA course?
  10. How can I enter in Air Force after passing 12th?
  11. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  12. Can I join Army, Air Force and Navy after completion of 12th Class in Commerce stream?
  13. How can I enter in Indian Armed Services? I ama 3rd year engineering student
  14. How to join Air Force, Navy and Army after completion of 12th Class with Commerce?
  15. Procedure to become Law Officer in Indian Air Force for B.Sc LLB Honours graduate?
  16. What are the job options available for commerce students?
  17. Chances to join Indian Air Force for M.Arch candidate?
  18. How to enter in indian air force in technical side? what exams we need to prepare for?
12th March 2016, 06:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Way to enter into the field of Army or Air Force after BA in Sociology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayak Lopamudra View Post
Now I'm in BA 1st year with the sociology honours , and after completing graduation I want to entered into the field of army or air force, through which way i entered into the field of army or airforce.
After completion of B.A degree, you can join Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
12th March 2016, 09:37 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Way to enter into the field of Army or Air Force after BA in Sociology?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army after completing the bachelor degree. You can also appear for NDA examination now if your age is between 16.5-19.5 years.

To join Indian Army after graduation you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination. CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree and age limit to appear for examination is 19-23 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidate have to qualify in both stage for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th March 2016, 10:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

In final year of your bachelor's degree, you can apply for Combined Defence Services examination for joining Indian Army. CDS is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times every year. But with sociology stream, you will be eligible for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training academy.

For Indian Airforce and Navy, bachelor's degree in mathematics, physics, science or technology is necessary. The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and for OTA is 19-25 years. Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for this exam.
11th September 2021, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Can any women join air force after doing graduation in sociology ?
21st March 2022, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

If a sociology graduate student can participate in CDS examination
5th June 2022, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

Can I study sociology and join any military work?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?