4th November 2015, 03:17 AM
Unregistered

Which field is highly preferable among Naval, Army and Airforce to join through CDS for BAMS student? Procedure to apply?

Sir,
I am Bhawna and I am yet doing BAMS 1st year. Which field I should prefer in CDS? Also what will be the procedure for applying? And which field posses more scope under CDS in between Naval, Army and Airforce?

30th December 2015, 10:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which field is highly preferable among Naval, Army and Airforce to join through CDS for BAMS student? Procedure to apply?

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Science and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of five and a half years including one year of internship.

Being BAMS student you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air force as for these the subject for your bachelors degree must be either Mathematics or Physics or any engineering trade but these subjects are not the part of BAMS. So you are eligible for joining Indian Army only.

Also to join Indian Army after your BAMS degree course, you will need to clear CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) examination for which you need to have the qualifications mentioned here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 19 years to 24 years for joining IMA ( Indian Military Academy ) wing and 19 years to 25 years for joining OTA ( Officer's Training Academy )wing.

* You must have either completed or must be in the final year of your bachelor degree course with any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

Also the same examination is organised twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

For more queries regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.nic.in or www.upscexam.com.
23rd November 2016, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which field is highly preferable among Naval, Army and Airforce to join through CDS for BAMS student? Procedure to apply?

For being a flying officer which subjects should should be taken in higher secondary classes?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?