18th August 2012, 02:10 PM
sharaanyadevi

What areas are to be covered to prepare for CAT exam?

i am going to write cat exam this year ...tell me what are the areas i have to cover and how to prepare for cat exam

28th August 2012, 02:23 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What areas are to be covered to prepare for CAT exam?

CAT exam basically covers questions on QA, reasoning, and general awareness. General English also forms part of the exam syllabus. Preparation on exam can be done with the help of reference books or by approaching coaching centers. Reading newspapers is important to improve your general awareness. Dedicate separate time daily for the preparation of exam.
11th July 2013, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

I am doing CA now. I want to do MBA from IIM after completion pf my CA. Please guide me for that.
12th July 2013, 01:17 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing CA now. I want to do MBA from IIM after completion pf my CA. Please guide me for that.

IF you want to do MBA from IIM, than you have to appear in the CAT exams first

CAT exams are conducted by IIM each year

Dates for CAT 2013

Sale of vouchers: 29th July 2013 to 24th September 2013
Registrations: 29th July 2013 to 26th September 2013
Exam dates: 16th October 2013 to 11th November 2013

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

To get calls from IIM, you have to get atleast 98 percentile marks in the CAT written tests

After this you would be called by IIM for the next rounds that is Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

In CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?