5th February 2018, 08:10 PM
khanfaizpur

What is the basic education required to apply for NET exam in Physics?

I have completed my M.Sc in Mathematics but I want to sit for Physics exams in NET. Can I apply National Eligibility Test exam in Physics?

11th February 2018, 11:36 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the basic education required to apply for NET exam in Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanfaizpur View Post
I have completed my M.Sc in Mathematics but I want to sit for Physics exams in NET. Can I apply National Eligibility Test exam in Physics?
Educational qualification : The basic eligibility for appearing in UGC-NET exam is a Master degree or equivalent in related subjects. The candidate must have a minimum of 55% in aggregate. The candidates appearing or have appeared for final exams are also eligible.

Age qualification : The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.

As you have mentioned that you have done Master in Mathematics you can only apply for NET exam in Mathematics subject only not in Physics.

For details log on to : https://cbsenet.nic.in
11th February 2018, 01:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the basic education required to apply for NET exam in Physics?

The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for NET:

1. Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for examination.

2. Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree is required. There is 5% relaxation in marks for SC/ST candidates.

You will have to select Physics while applying for exam. You can apply NET exam in Physics.
11th February 2018, 02:05 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for NET:

1. Candidate should have a citizen of India.

2. Candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university.

3. Candidate should secure minimum 55% marks in their Post graduation. 5% relaxation is allowed for reserved category.

Yes, you will apply for this exam in Physics.
11th February 2018, 06:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and same examination is held for recruitment of assistant professor and JRFs in various universities of India.

For appearing in NET in Physics, you need to have completed your Master degree course in Physics or should hold equivalent degree with at least 55% ( or 50% in case SC/ST and PH category candidates ) marks from a recognized university.

So having completed your Master degree in Mathematics you are not eligible for appearing in NET in Physics.

For more details and FAQs associated to NET eligibility you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
13th February 2018, 10:00 PM
MNB1234

CSIR conducts the CSIR-UGC-NET JRF/NET exam in the following subjects:

1. Chemical Sciences
2. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
3. Life Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Physical Sciences

M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
15th February 2018, 11:40 AM
ravimahawar1234
Member+

Basic Education qualification for UGC NET Examination is a Master Degree (M.Sc.) or pursuing in final year of post-graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?