17th February 2016, 12:53 PM
Rashmi Gaurav

On what basis admission preference is given by universities?

Is there any preference based on age basis? Whether universities generally first recommend lower age candidate, is it like that or what?

9th May 2016, 04:06 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: On what basis admission preference is given by universities?

To the best of my knowledge, age is not a constraint at all during the admission process of many universities.

The only parameter that is considered would be score or rank in the Entrance Exam and the category of the candidate.

Students who score top marks will be having best chances to get admission in the university.

However, for SC or ST category candidates, the cut-off would be somewhat low compared to General category.

Due to this, though there is a high rank for SC or ST category candidate, he is having chances to get admission.

Make a note of this. Only candidates those who scored minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Exam are only eligible for admission process.

You did not mention the specific university name for which you would like to know the admission procedure.

If you have mentioned that, I would have better provided in depth admission process.

Finally, what I want to conclude is, get more marks in the Entrance Exam and have more scope to confirm your admission in that university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?