19th August 2012, 05:27 PM
vaidevi

Possibility to get a seat in Anna University? I have qualified in GATE

i have qualified in gate 2012(biotechnology) ,now i am applied for TANCA councelling under gate catergory
overall rank is 386
commununity rank (MBC)is 30,
may i know whether i have possibiliies to getting seats in anna university
for me 1st day special councelling under gate category 12.00 batch.pls tell the details of colleges which i get

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility to get Anna University in Chennai after scoring GATE score of 334 and AIR Of 17755? I have scored 33.33
  2. TANCET(ME) seat in anna university or any other good colleges like ssn or psg -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I get a seat for M.Tech in Anna University after scoring 34 in GATE(cutoff for OBC is 23.50)?
  4. Will I get a seat in Anna University after scoring 23 marks in GATE?
  5. Is there seperate notification for GATE qualified students for M.tech?
  6. Any chance for IITs after scoring 27 marks/100 in OBC and AIR of 414, GATE score-295? Which course should I opt in IITs?
  7. Is there any possibility to get a government college in Anna University Counseling
  8. Any possibility of getting an NIT seat after scoring 41.33 marks in GATE Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Is there any possibility to get seat under sports quota in Anna University counseling after scoring 126.25 as cutoff marks?
  10. Is there any possibility to get a seat in any NIT after scoring 29.67 marks?
  11. Can I get a seat in Anna University for M.Tech Biotechnology? I have scored 34.44 in GATE and 35.47 qualifying marks
  12. Do I need to be GATE qualified to apply for PhD(Computer Science) entrance test of Anna University? -- [New]
  13. Can I get a seat in M.Tech course in Anna University? I have scored 495 marks(41.33%) marks in GATE
  14. Will I get M.Tech seat in Anna University after scoring 495 in GATE?
  15. How many seats are there in anna university for gate cleared B.Tech students?
  16. Where will i get in Anna University Counseling after scoring 30.33 in GATE?
  17. Can I get a seat in Anna University Chennai for M.E Structure of Geotech?
  18. Will I get admission in Anna University or any other colleges after scoring 35 score in GATE with 70 Percentile?
17th March 2013, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Possibility to get a seat in Anna University? I have qualified in GATE

I have got a score of 20.33 in gate and a percentile of 82.5 and i belong to sc category which college shall i get for M.E i mean any govt college..
18th March 2013, 08:15 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to get a seat in Anna University? I have qualified in GATE

Preference given to GATE students in TANCET Exams

TANCET denotes Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. TANCET exam is accomplished by Anna University in aid of Tamil Nadu Government for admitting students to the courses like MCA, MBA, M.E, M. Arch and M. Plan. Candidates from outside Tamil Nadu can also apply for TANCET examination. Candidates, who clear the TANCET examination successfully, will be called for counseling on the basis of the rank obtained by them. Unlike other entrance examination, group discussion in not conducted for TANCET.

As we all know many colleges and universities give preference to GATE qualified candidates in the admission process, many students have a doubt whether any preference is given to GATE qualified candidates in TANCET examination. But, no such preferences are given in TANCET examination. On the other hand, Anna University has specified certain eligibility criteria for TANCET applying candidates. Only the candidates who come under these eligibility criterions can apply for TANCET.

Among the total number of seats available for candidates getting through the TANCET examination, certain reservations are being made by the university for candidates coming under the category of BC, BC (Muslim), SC, MBC, and ST. According to the Gazette issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu on 29.4.2009, certain reservation is being made for candidates belonging to SC-Arunthathiyars as well. But, these reservation seats are applicable for candidates belonging to the State of Tamil Nadu alone. These candidates will be required to submit a proof of their community certificate along with the application form.

Therefore, preference (i.e.) reservation seats are available on community basis only and therefore, no preference is given for GATE qualified candidates under TANCET. Apart from the above-mentioned reservation seats, the candidates belonging to other castes are admitted to the courses on the basis of the TANCET score and the degree examination score.
18th March 2013, 08:16 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Possibility to get a seat in Anna University? I have qualified in GATE

Preference given to GATE students in TANCET Exams

TANCET denotes Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. TANCET exam is accomplished by Anna University in aid of Tamil Nadu Government for admitting students to the courses like MCA, MBA, M.E, M. Arch and M. Plan. Candidates from outside Tamil Nadu can also apply for TANCET examination. Candidates, who clear the TANCET examination successfully, will be called for counseling on the basis of the rank obtained by them. Unlike other entrance examination, group discussion in not conducted for TANCET.

As we all know many colleges and universities give preference to GATE qualified candidates in the admission process, many students have a doubt whether any preference is given to GATE qualified candidates in TANCET examination. But, no such preferences are given in TANCET examination. On the other hand, Anna University has specified certain eligibility criteria for TANCET applying candidates. Only the candidates who come under these eligibility criterions can apply for TANCET.

Among the total number of seats available for candidates getting through the TANCET examination, certain reservations are being made by the university for candidates coming under the category of BC, BC (Muslim), SC, MBC, and ST. According to the Gazette issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu on 29.4.2009, certain reservation is being made for candidates belonging to SC-Arunthathiyars as well. But, these reservation seats are applicable for candidates belonging to the State of Tamil Nadu alone. These candidates will be required to submit a proof of their community certificate along with the application form.

Therefore, preference (i.e.) reservation seats are available on community basis only and therefore, no preference is given for GATE qualified candidates under TANCET. Apart from the above-mentioned reservation seats, the candidates belonging to other castes are admitted to the courses on the basis of the TANCET score and the degree examination score.
21st May 2013, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir ,
I am monisha studied my b.tech biotechnology in tamilnadu and cleared GATE with 36.56 (BC) category am i eligible to apply in anna university chennai with my GATE score , my score is valid only if i am a considered under B.C , since my native is bangalore, but my mother nativity is tamilnadu is there any possibility to apply .Please reply ASAP.Thank u sir in advance .
21st July 2013, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

HI SIR,
i m venkatesh i scored 25.67 n gate exam... i m civil student .. can i get a seat n anna univ or any other govt collage sir??
30th March 2014, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

is there any chance of joing anna university or same range colleges .. I have not qualified in GATE
30th March 2014, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

is there chance for me to get seat in anna univrsity . i have not qualified GATE exam
19th March 2015, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE 380 SCORE AND CUTOFF MARK 28 IN GATE 2015 POSSIBLE TO GET M TECH ADMISSION IN ANNA UNIVERSITY OR OTHER GOVT. COLLEGES
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?