23rd September 2011, 09:06 PM
azam.khan

What are the benefits of CBSE board?

what are the benefit of cbse board? Could u please provide to me the benefits

Related Questions:
  1. Which board to select between School and CBSE? Benefits of CBSE board?
  2. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  3. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  4. What are the benefits of CBSE board?
  5. What are the benefits of studying in IGCSE Board for a CBSE student?
  6. Which is better among IGCSE Board and CBSE Board? Benefits of studying under IGCSE Board?
  7. What are the benefits of transferring from BSEB to CBSE?
  8. Is it beneficial to get admission in 12th from other Board if disqualified in 11th PCM CBSE?
  9. Which board is better between CBSE and Gujarat board for admission in medical college
  10. Is it beneficial to transfer from ICSE Board to CBSE Board to study Higher Secondary Science?
  11. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  12. If I give CBSE CCE instead of CBSE Board exams I cannot move to ISC board in 11th?
  13. Is it good to change board from CBSE to Kerala state while studying in 7th standard? -- [New]
  14. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the value of doing in state and CBSE board? Which would be better to join IIT in future?
  16. What should I choose among Private CBSE Board and UP Board if failed in 12th CBSE? Is it a barrier to get admission in B.Tech?
  17. Which Board is better to study Science among PSEB and CBSE?
  18. Benefits of studying with IGCSE Board over CBSE for 8th student?
24th September 2011, 01:57 AM
praveendia

Default Re: What are the benefits of CBSE board?

ADVANTAGE CBSE: The CBSE students have a better chanceof scoring high in AIEEE, IIT-JEEand also AIPMT.The decision of the State Government to do away with the Common Entrance Test (CET) for State Board students alone has come as a huge disappointment to their counterparts in Central Board of Secondary Education pattern.

Absence of a level-playing field, the latter fear, will eliminate their chances of gaining entry into professional courses, particularly, medicine and select engineering courses in prestigious institutions. That they have to appear for the CET based on the State Board syllabi is yet another rude blow. Though fewer in number compared to State Board students, the CBSE students are grappling with the prospect of losing en masse at the very outset.

There are other questions rankling their mind too, demoralising them even before they appear for the public examinations. Uncertainty on what percentage of board examination marks will be added to their entrance marks, and on whether they will be ranked along with the State Board students, or will be considered under an exclusive quota, are the main ones.

It is a well-known fact that CBSE students cannot score high marks in their Board Examination since they have limited choices, unlike in the case of their counterparts under the State pattern. Also, there are too many compulsory numerical problems, and almost all questions come with a twist.

The argument of parity between the new and upgraded State Board syllabi and that of CBSE does not holdwater. The State Board question papers are normally set with a lot of open choice, and the questions are direct, helping the students score well. The CBSE students, despite their better comprehension and analyticalskills, find themselves on the losing side, even before the competition. The expectation of CBSE students that justice would be rendered to them through some form of `normalisation' of marks, as was done by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) till recently, hasbeen belied.

A solace, however, for CBSE students is that they stand a better chance of clearing the All-India Engineering EntranceExamination, the simplified IIT-JEE, and the All-India Pre-Medical Test. In these examinations, they have an edge over the State board students owing to their exposure to duration-specific problem-solving techniques.

It is not that the State Board students cannot compete on an even keel in these examinations. In fact, the main idea of planners of IIT is to make anybody sit for IIT-JEE without attending coaching classes.

The basic requirement is a thorough grasp of concepts and skills to solve objective problems and questions.
24th September 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

wat hav to chose in 10th ...cce or board
30th October 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

i have not learn all subjects my maths is really weak what to do?
20th December 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

what are the benefits of CBSE board?
26th March 2012, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

MY SON IS 8TH CLASS WHAT IS BETTER CBSE OR SSC
7th May 2012, 06:38 PM
tash1991

The above steps would help the learners and parents, who are the primary stakeholders of school education, in the following manner:-

a) It will reduce stress and anxiety which often builds up during and after the examination which could have an adverse impact on young students especially in the age group of 13-15 years.

b) It will reduce the dropout rate as there will be less fear and anxiety related to performance.

c) In the past there was practice to often finish the entire syllabus much before time and follow it up with Pre-Board(s) and study leave. Now there will be greater focus on learning rather than teaching to the test.

d) The emphasis on conceptual clarification through experiential learning in the classroom will increase since there will be more time available for transaction of curriculum.

e) It will help the learners to develop holistically in terms of personality by also focussing on the co-scholastic aspects which will be assessed as part of the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation scheme.

f) It is expected to prepare the students for life by making students physically fit, mentally alert and emotionally balanced.

g) The students will have more time on their hands to develop their interests, hobbies and personalities.

h) It will enable the students, parents and teachers to make an informed choice about subjects in Class XI.

i) It will motivate learning in a friendly environment rather than in a fearful situation.

j) It will equip students with Life Skills especially Creative and Critical thinking skills, social skills and coping skills which will keep them in a good stead when they enter into a highly competitive environment later on.
1st August 2012, 12:28 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

CBSE has many benefits over other Boards and State Boards.

Actually CBSE runs by Central Government. So, any amendment or change in the Education System makes a change in the study pattern in CBSE. Due to its Central Level attachment, it keeps updated.

It covers most of the syllabus of Competitive Exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, AIPMT, etc. That is why most of the candidates prefer CBSE Board. In this way, this board becomes the largest board in India.

Every year, nearly 81 lakhs candidate appear for 10+2 exam and this amount is increasing at the rate of 5.34% per year.
9th October 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

My son is doing his 10th in CBSe as aparent i am very much anxious that what will be his future .the main thing he is an above average student and he wants to become an engineer so i am in dilemma which syallbus is better for him Cbse or Olevel.If he studied Olevel syllabus for grade 11th and 12th will he get admission in colleges in india
27th November 2012, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

i am a cg board student of class 10 should i choose cbse for class 11
4th April 2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

i am a Cbse board student in class 10 . so in class 11 which board i should choose ?
19th January 2014, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

it is having a cce pattern & it runs by cenral govt. supebly handelling by kejriwal sir.
7th March 2014, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is in 4th std in ICSE board, I want to switch her to CBSE board. Will it be a right decision?
6th May 2014, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Am having a confusion between cbse board and ice board. Which board is better.
18th June 2014, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 10th from cbse school. Should i continue class 11 and 12 from cbse board or join to other board??
23rd July 2014, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

we do not mug up in this like we do in matriculation. More over i can say that matriculation is totally a waste education. In CBSE we should know only the concept. If we know it that is more enough to score good marks in the exam and can pass easily in any entrance.
30th April 2016, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between board exams and school exams?
22nd May 2016, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an IS officer . so by which board central board or mp board i should my study ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?