16th February 2016, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

What is the best age to become an IES officer?

I am 29 years old. I have 7 years of experience in core mechanical engineering. Now I want to become IES officer. Whether it is right to write the exam in this age? If I am selected whether my experience will be accounted. Could anyone please clarify?

16th February 2016, 07:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the best age to become an IES officer?

The minimum eligibility criteria of age to appear in civil services exam is 21 to 30 years and relaxation of 5 years is provided to SC and ST and 3 years to OBC and 10 years to physically handicapped students. Hence at the age of 29 you can appear in the Civil Service exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission to become IES.
16th February 2016, 09:19 PM
kantraman

To get IES(Indian Engineering Services)job must to have Bachelor of engineering.But compulsory to have age between 21 years to 30 years.So this is the best age to get IES job.
16th February 2016, 09:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 29 years old. I have 7 years of experience in core mechanical engineering. Now I want to become IES officer. Whether it is right to write the exam in this age? If I am selected whether my experience will be accounted. Could anyone please clarify?
Best age for IES exam is 21 to 26 years.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

IES exam is doesn't require any percentage criteria.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
16th February 2016, 11:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become I.E.S Officer but before that you have to appear and qualify in I.E.S examination conducted by UPSC every year.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination as per your qualification. So, you can appear for next year examination.

As soon as you qualify the examination you will become I.E.S Officer and that will be the right age to be an Officer. The experience does not matter lot in selection procedure but it will have better importance on your resume.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
17th February 2016, 11:44 AM
kohli183

IES exam conducted by UPSC

UPSC Stands Union Public Service Commission

Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates must be complete Graduation

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years

Selection Process based on Preliminary exam, Main exam , Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?