5th June 2010, 11:29 AM
Ahijit Basu

In which subject can I do M.Tech after doing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

I am doing b.tech in civil engineerig. I just want to know that in which subject I can do m.tech?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  2. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  4. Is it possible to take M.Tech Civil engineering after doing B.Tech in ECE?
  5. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  6. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  7. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  8. Can i do M.Arch after completing my B.E Civil?
  9. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  10. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  11. Am I eligible for doing M.Tech in Computer Science if I had left web technologies during B.Tech?
  12. Any M.Tech courses in Civil Engineering in JNU?
  13. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  14. What can I choose as a core subject for IAS exam in civil engineering? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year civil engineering -- [New]
  15. Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE?
  16. Which course is better between MBA, MCA and M.Tech in India after the completion of B.Tech in CSE stream?
  17. How good are M.Tech placements in SRM University
  18. How to get a job of professor in IITs/NIT?
3rd July 2011, 12:39 AM
senthil anand.s
Member+

Default Re: In which subject can I do M.Tech after doing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

hi,

After complete your B.tech civil engineering you can do m.tech in certain courses listed below
Building Technology and construction management,
Environmental engineering,
geotechnical engineering,
Transportation engineering,
Structural engineering.
This are the some of the courses for M.tech civil engineering, you can choose any of this.
3rd July 2011, 12:44 AM
senthil anand.s
Member+

Default Re: In which subject can I do M.Tech after doing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Hello,

After finished you B.Tech civil engineering you can do M.tech for that some of the M.tech courses are listed below

Building technology and construction management,
structural engineering ,
Transportation engineering and etc...
You can choose any of this courses for your higher study m.tech
all the best...
3rd July 2011, 11:53 AM
vikrantkashyap

certainly you should follow m tech in civil engineering because your base is civil engineering thatswhy you will get alots of relaxation doing this this course aswellas you will get full confidence and knowledge in this subject. same time your this much qualification will make you stand distinct infront of selstion committee. but if you do m tech in other branch then no company will be interested in you because u have divided your knowledge in two different stream. further your choice
4th July 2011, 11:07 AM
structnode007

(I) Building Technology And Construction Management
(II) Environmental Engineering
(III) Geotechnical Engineering
(IV) Hydraulic And Water Resources Engineering
(V) Structural Engineering
(VI) Transportation Engineering
(VII)Remote sensing and GIS
according to your interest in the above subjects during your B.tech career and after consulting your profs u can opt for any course.all the best
15th July 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

hi..i want 2 do masters in structural engg. or in design plus job..is there any colge from where i can do in india..and please also tell me its scopes?
25th July 2011, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

i completed my btech.. i wwnt to study architectural engg or interior design now.. wil that be a wise decision to opt for.? n wat type of job will i get after dat?
29th September 2011, 12:30 AM
@rnab_dasgupta

Dear friend ,

As you have done ur B.Tech in Civil Engineering so it is advisable that you do your M.Tech in Civil Engineering only. That would be very benificial to you. As you are familiar with the subject and the syllabus of Civil Engineering so it would be quite easier for you to study.

Apart from that you can also do ur M.Tech in the following disciplines :

1. Geotechnical Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Hydraulic And Water Resources Engineering
4. Transportation Engineering
5. Environmental Engineering

Best of luck.
29th November 2011, 08:40 PM
tuntunia

hi,

After complete your B.tech civil engineering you can do m.tech in certain courses listed below
Building Technology and construction management,
geotechnical engineering,
Transportation engineering,
Structural engineering.
This are the some of the courses for M.tech civil engineering, you can choose any of this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?