1st July 2012, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

What is better between BCA, MCA or B.E in CS?

Which is better bca mca or be in cs ??....pelase tell me which is better

8th July 2012, 12:33 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is better between BCA, MCA or B.E in CS?

BCA, MCA or B.E(B.Tech) in Computer Science(CS) all are course of study in computer related course. MCA is the master degree course after BCA. If you have done BCA or any other computer related graduation course or you have done graduation in science with mathematics then you are eligible to take admission in MCA. As MCA is master degree course of BCA then obviously if you complete MCA then you will get more opportunity.

But if we compare with B.E or B.Tech in CS and BCA then I think B.Tech or B.E is better. Because B.E/B.Tech are engineering course. This course not only teach you how to work with the computer application but also teach you about your behavior in the organization, built potential to work in a corporate world and also teaches ethics. So B.E/B.Tech is better the BCA. B.E/B.Tech is 4 years duration course whereas BCA is 3 years duration course.

Now if we compare with MCA and B.E/B.Tech in CS then this are almost equal. In some companies they recruit B.E/B.Tech in CS and MCA students in same post with same work. As per the company view MCA is equivalent to B.E/B.Tech in CS. Although engineering students from B.E/B.Tech get advantage at the time of interview may be in the work field also.

I will suggest you if you are interested to study in computer related field then first you should try to take admission in B.E/B.Tech. Appear in engineering entrance examination after your 12th science. If you get chance through engineering entrance examination in a good institution then take admission in B.E/B.Tech with computer science stream. But unfortunately if you fail to clear the engineering entrance examination then take admission in BCA course. After BCA complete your MCA then join in a job. Don't go for job after BCA then you will not get so much opportunities and scope. If you do MCA after BCA then it will totally take 5 yeasr 2 years for MCA and 3 years for BCA. But if you go for B.E/B.Tech it will totally take 4yeas. So B.Tech/B.E is better than BCA or MCA. But if you fail to get admission in engineering course then you should try for BCA.Preapre well for the engineering entrance examination surely you will be able to clear any one of the engineering entrance examination.

Best of luck.
14th April 2013, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Can we do MCA after b.tech in cs
21st April 2013, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Can i do BCA bu taking Commers with computer as my subject in 10 2
13th May 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Which is better -----to study BCA & do MCA in reputed college or do BE/BTECH in any college? DOes institution really matter in job market
4th June 2013, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Whether B.E and B.tech both are same in terms of syllabus? Can i go for M.tch after B.E?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?