27th July 2012, 12:11 PM
Deepakalld

What is better between MBA and Job?? I am doing MCA from PTU DEP

I am doing MCA from PTU DEP. I want doing MBA. Please guide me.what will be better-Mba or job?

12th October 2012, 08:28 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is better between MBA and Job?? I am doing MCA from PTU DEP

I don't think you should do both MCA and the MBA. One degree would be enough to find a good job in the country. Since you are presently pursuing Master of Computer Applications, my recommendation would be to continue with this degree.

MCA is a computer related course. After completing it you can seek for job in MNC in the field of Information Technology. However a lot would depend on how much marks you score in the MCA and degree before that.

Getting a job in MNC is not a easy job. They will not look only into your MCA marks but your performance throughout the academic career. Which means that from 10th to MCA, your performance would be evaluated.

Every company has its criteria to offer job. For example HCL want candidate to score 65 percent marks throughout the academic career. Which means 65 percent in 10th, 12th, graduation and MCA.

Similarly Infosys has put this requirement to 60 percent. However in case you fail to meet the percentage in one areaa, you would still get the job in Infosys. Other companies like Wipro and TCS also have around 60 percent requirement throughout the academic career.

So my recommendation to you is that study hard and get the required percentage to getjob in MNC. Only look towards other options, in case you do not get good job in the relevant field. Otherwise there is no need to pursue MBA.

Even if you do not get good job in MNC, I would suggest that you appear for the National Eligibility Test. All you need is 55 percent marks in post graduation to appear for the NET entrance exam. If you managed to pass it, you will get college lecturer job in central government colleges.

I believe it would be better than MBA but you can still pursue MBA by appearing for either Common Admission Test or Management Aptitude Test. These are the 2 most popular exams for the Master of Business Administration.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?