24th September 2010, 10:00 AM
anudeep.patsa

Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks

hai sir iam completing my b.tech mechanical in this year with 66.63%. so next what i do best for career. my plan is join in merchant navy can i join merchant navy is this correct option. and how to join navy. other wise how to design my career tell some guidence about my future iam fully confussed about my career. if applying any job which subects are prepared fully.

23rd March 2012, 03:25 PM
G.S.K.

Default Re: Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks

There are lot of opportunities for B.Tech graduates and you can join Indian Navy and Merchant Navy also as you acceptable percentage minimum being 60% . But give due preference to Indian Navy as it not only gives job satisfaction but also the pleasure of serving the Nation .
you can join the Indian navy via
01) Officer entry
02) Sailor entry and your eligible for both
currently you can apply into executive branch of Indian navy
Note:- last date for the submission of application is 01-04-2012

apply online at :-http://nausena-bharti.nic.in
24th March 2012, 11:29 PM
Denny_Crane

Default Re: Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks

Well if you want to join navy then do not worry i will tell you all the way by which a students can join Indian NAVY as a officer.

NDA:: this is the exam which you can take after clearing your class 12th but for joining navy you should have maths and physics as a compulsory subjects .
Your age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years .
It is a written exam followed by SSB and then medical exam.

TES:: Once you have got the result of class12th then you can apply for it.But for it you should have atleast 70% marks in PCM to be eligible for TES entry.This is a direct entry there is no written exam you will directly get a call for SSB.
Your age should be between 17 to 19.5 years.

CDSE::You can take this exam after completing your graduation .There is written exam followed with SSB and medical.You must have maths and physics in class 12th to be eligible for this exam.

UES::Its a university entry scheme .If you have a more then 60% aggregate in your engineering degree then you will be eligible for SSB.
31st March 2012, 11:26 PM
poole

hii

to join merchant navy after B.Tech
Merchant Navy Details

-->You cannot join in Merchant Navy, only way is that with your +2 qualification join Deck Cadet and then go for three year training and write the Exam for Higher Posting

-->Only Mechanical or Marine or B.Sc in Nautical Science can do Merchant Navy

-->It has Three posting

Navigation

-->Loading and Off Loading of the Cargo and Safety of the Passenger and the Crew Depends on the Navigation Officer

--> Capitan of the Ship is the Chief Navigator

Eligibility

-->Mechanical Engineering,Marine Engineering or B.Sc Nautical Science from Recognized University or Institute

Engineering

-->They are Responsible for Efficient and Smooth Operation of the Ship

-->Take Care of all Engineering Equipment installed on the Ship

Eligibility

-->Mechanical Engineering,Marian Engineering Or B.Sc in Nautical Science from Recognized university or Institute

Radio and Wireless Communication

-->Concerned with Shore and Maintenance of the Equipments as well

-->Light Keepers help in operating the Signaling Equipments of the Ship

Eligibility

-->One can also join as the Deck Cadet by completing 10+2 with physics,chemistry and Mathematic and Train on the Job for Three years

Institute Offering Merchant Navy Courses in India

-->Training Ship Chanakya(T.K Chanakya) karaus,Navi Mumbai

-->Marian Engineering Research Institute ,Kolkata

-->Marian Engineering and Research Institute Mumbai

-->Director General of Shipping Mumbai

All the Best
2nd April 2012, 10:01 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by anudeep.patsa View Post
hai sir iam completing my b.tech mechanical in this year with 66.63%. so next what i do best for career. my plan is join in merchant navy can i join merchant navy is this correct option. and how to join navy. other wise how to design my career tell some guidence about my future iam fully confussed about my career. if applying any job which subects are prepared fully.
Hey friend,

To join in Merchant Navy you need to have completed courses such as:

>> B.E Marine Engineering

>> M.E Marine Engineering

>> B.sc Nautical Science

As you have done B.tech in Mechanical you are not eligible for joining in Merchant Navy as regarding the education qualification needed for joining in Merchant Navy.
2nd April 2012, 10:23 PM
Ishita1505
Member+

Hello,

-->You cannot join in Merchant Navy, only way is that with your +2 qualification join Deck Cadet and then go for three year training and write the Exam for Higher Posting

-->Only Mechanical or Marine or B.Sc in Nautical Science can do Merchant Navy

-->It has Three posting

Navigation

-->Loading and Off Loading of the Cargo and Safety of the Passenger and the Crew Depends on the Navigation Officer

--> Capitan of the Ship is the Chief Navigator

Eligibility

-->Mechanical Engineering,Marine Engineering or B.Sc Nautical Science from Recognized University or Institute

Engineering

Eligibility

-->Mechanical Engineering,Marian Engineering Or B.Sc in Nautical Science from Recognized university or Institute

Radio and Wireless Communication

-->Concerned with Shore and Maintenance of the Equipments as well

-->Light Keepers help in operating the Signaling Equipments of the Ship

Eligibility

-->One can also join as the Deck Cadet by completing 10+2 with physics,chemistry and Mathematic and Train on the Job for Three years

Institute Offering Merchant Navy Courses in India

-->Training Ship Chanakya(T.K Chanakya) karaus,Navi Mumbai

-->Marian Engineering Research Institute ,Kolkata

-->Marian Engineering and Research Institute Mumbai

-->Director General of Shipping Mumbai

All the best.
3rd April 2012, 12:30 AM
hgoel6600

their is a lot of option for 1st class student degree holder in govt of india..
max vacancy in governement sector is comprising of btech electricla,mechincal,civil student ,so when u complete ur btech firstly try in company like hpcl,delhi metro,indian oil,ntpc like companies ,,,if u fail then try thinking of merchany navy...
16th April 2012, 12:34 AM
maya_sarabhai

i am a final year student of b.tech (electronics and instrumentation), total aggregate till now is 68% and twelth percentage is 58.2%. ( maths, physics, chemistry, English and physical education) can i join navy? and please do explain me the procedure , how can i apply and about test , interview , training ,etc. which i will have to take .

regards
priti
8th May 2012, 09:59 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

Indian Navy as it not only gives job satisfaction but also the pleasure of serving the Nation .
you can join the Indian navy via
01) Officer entry
02) Sailor entry and your eligible for both
currently you can apply into executive branch of Indian navy
Eligibility

Engineering

19th June 2012, 09:25 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello dear

yes,you are eligiable for the Navy after completing B.Tech from M.E branch.

to join in the Navy after completing B.Tech from M.E branch, you have to give UPSC-CDS exam.

eligibility criteria for the CDS exam is given below

>>For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

>>Age limit:-

For Naval Academy age limit is 19-22 Years.

etc.

for more check-http://upsc.gov.in

all the best........
12th March 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

i am pass in 12th standard with PCM how can i joint marchant navy & how many pament i get/
12th April 2014, 04:23 AM
Unregistered

can I join merchant navy after completing my mechanical engeneering from amity university
26th April 2014, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am b.tech electrical&and electrical engineering student and i want to join merchant navy so, sir can i join this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?