8th February 2015, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Is it a good option to take up Ph.D right after Mechanical Engineering?

Sir/Mam,

I am student of mechanical final year, and i working on materials. recently my 2 research papers under guidance of my faculties are under review. I want Join phd Program.?
Is it a better option? or is there any option so that i can do my phd as soon as possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Is NDA entrance exam hard to crack? What is the procedure to crack the exam?
  2. Course that can be done after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? Any course that is helpful for Mechanical students? Is MBA a good option after graduation?
  3. Career and placements in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Institutions that offer PhD in Mechanical engineering? PhD is done in which subject Bachelors degree or Masters?
  5. Which University are offering Part-Time Phd in Mechanical Engineering field in India?
  6. What is integrated Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering? Duration of the course? Universities providing integrated Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Is pursuing Ph.D in Biochemistry a good option after MSc Environmental Sciences
  8. How to get a good government job after B.E in mechanical engineering?
  9. Possibility to change stream with Astrology for B.E. student? Benefits of Ph.D in Astrology?
  10. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  11. How much will be my rank after scoring 44 marks in GATE in mechanical?
  12. MA in Sanskrit after 11 years of BA is possible?
  13. How to join Phd in Mechanical Engineering at Kalasalingam university?
  14. What should I do after Mechanical Engineering between M.E, MBA and Mechanical?
  15. Eligibility to do PhD course for who has completed Integrated M.Tech postgraduate on Diploma basis?
  16. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  17. Admission Mechanical Engineering in DCE after scoring 7469 rank? Should I go with any other stream? Is Automotive Engineering a good option? Future prospects in this course?
  18. Mechanical engineering after Production engineering? What is best option for me?
22nd June 2016, 10:15 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it a good option to take up Ph.D right after Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am student of mechanical final year, and i working on materials. recently my 2 research papers under guidance of my faculties are under review. I want Join phd Program.?
Is it a better option? or is there any option so that i can do my phd as soon as possible?

Yes, it is good option to take up PhD right after B.Tech in IITs.
The eligibility to do PhD is B.Tech with a minimum CPI of 7.5 (on a scale of 10).The aspirant has to clear the GATE/NET is compulsory for the admission. You have to appear for an entrance test and interview for the admission.
So if you are interested in doing research in your subject you can choose PhD after B.Tech. The PhD is available in many institutions in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?