16th October 2011, 04:17 AM
sk39539

What can I do to join M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech?

Dear sir

I am completed my B-tech from JRN RVD university in 2011.
and i want to join M-tech course through GATE Examination,so plz. suggest me what can i do..

santosh kumr
ph.9008939539
[email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  2. Mtech admission with less than 60% aggregate in Btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I appear for GATE Exam having completed 3years B.Tech after the completion of Diploma?
  4. Will I get a chance to get a seat in M.Tech after completing B.Tech
  5. Is five years integrated M.Tech course valid for Government jobs?
  6. Eligibility and procedure to join M.Tech course?
  7. Is it useful to do M.Tech after work experience?
  8. Which course is better for me between ME and M.Tech to get Jobs in Software Industries being a student from ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams should I go for this?
  9. Is this possible to join M.Tech with Petroleum or Aerospace Engineering through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Colleges providing M.tech. in Power Engineering? Admission without GATE exam possible in Deemed universities?
  11. Can I apply for GATE for M.Tech Environmental course?
  12. How to do M.Tech after completing my B.Tech in Biotech? Which are the colleges offering the groups for M.Tech?
  13. Is it right to do MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech? Benefits and preparations required for cracking GATE exam?
  14. Apart from teaching profession which are the other career opportunities available after M.Tech?
  15. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  16. List of M.Tech colleges after qualifying GATE and have completed B.Sc in Agri-biotechnology? -- [New]
  17. After clearing GATE can I get admission in IITs?
  18. Can I apply through GATe for M.Tech in Environmental engineering? I want to do M.Tech in Environmental Engineering
16th October 2011, 12:34 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do to join M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech?

The minimum academic qualification with which a candidate can appear for GATE Exam in order to get admission for M.Tech course is by completing 4 years Graduation course in Engineering.

There is no percentage criteria to be eligible for GATE Exam. All candidates who have completed Engineering with any of the stream are eligible to appear for GATE Exam.

In addition the candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering with any of the stream are also eligible to appear for GATE Exam. But from this academic year, the candidates who are in the pre-final year of Engineering are not eligible to appear for GATE Exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is being jointly conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management).

GATE score card is valid for a period of 2 years in the sense if you have appeared for the GATE Exam in two consecutive years, you can use any year GATE score card in order to get admission for M.Tech course.

For this academic year, GATE Exam was over and if you are interested to appear for GATE Exam, you can appear for upcoming GATE Exam which is going to be conducted in the upcoming year.

Here are the important dates regarding upcoming GATE Exam.

Commencement of submission of online application forms : 12th September, 2011
Last date for the receipt of printed version of online application form at the respective zonal office : 21st October. 2011
Availability of admit card on zonal websites : 2nd Janurary, 2011
Date of online GATE Exam : 29th January, 2012
Date of offline GATE Exam : 12th February, 2012.

For updated information on GATE Exam, you can visit,
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/index.php
16th October 2011, 01:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do to join M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech?

DETAILS ABOUT GATE 2012

Yes, B-TECH student are eligible for GATE exam.

But from this year 3rd year student are not eligible for GATE exam .Only final year student and pass out batch are eligible for GATE exam.

For GATE exam , there are no restriction for age and attempts.So you can apply here many times.

The minimum age for GATE exam is just above 18 years.

The GATE score is Valid for Two years.

GATE 2012 Examination will include both ONLINE and OFFLINE examinations as per the following schedule

Online application- 29 January 2012 (Sunday)
Offline application-12 February 2012(Sunday)

The link for apply online 2012 GATE -

http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/gateonline.php

All the best
16th October 2011, 01:26 PM
chandni kumari 26

you are eligible to appear in GATE exam,after getting good rank in gate you can take direct admission in m.tech through gate score card in any colleges.
16th October 2011, 01:47 PM
goutambiswas87

Dear friend,
For joining M.tech course,you have to score in GATE exam.The score should be avobe from the cutoff mark,then you are eligible.
You should prepeared yourself for the GATE by solving various GATE related qstn paper and reference paper,it's help you.

Best of luck..
3rd November 2011, 01:24 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

After your B Tech if you wish to do M Tech, then you have to sit for an all india level examination i.e GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) .

This is organized by the IIT's and IIM's together in a joint venture.

So it test all the knowledge you have acquired in your graduation.

Sit for this and if you crack it, you can easily get M Tech courses in the IIT's, NIT's and other good REC's in India.

Forms for GATE releases from 12 september and the closing date is 21 October.

Exam is conducted every year in the month of February.

So prepare well and good luck !
3rd November 2011, 10:03 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Cool Re: What can I do to join M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech?

hi dear

After your B Tech if you wish to do M Tech, then you have to sit for an all india level examination i.e GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) .

This is organized by the IIT's and IIM's together in a joint venture.

So it test all the knowledge you have acquired in your graduation.

Sit for this and if you crack it, you can easily get M Tech courses in the IIT's, NIT's and other good REC's in India.

Forms for GATE releases from 12 september and the closing date is 21 October.

Exam is conducted every year in the month of February.

So prepare well and good luck !
4th November 2011, 12:26 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What can I do to join M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk39539 View Post
Dear sir

and i want to join M-tech course through GATE Examination,so plz. suggest me what can i do..

santosh kumr
ph.9008939539
[email protected]

Eligibility For GATE

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted every year for admissions into M.Tech courses in the best institutions of India like IITs,BITS,NITs,IISc and many more..

Eligibility Criteria :-

1) You should be a B.Tech degree holder or a final year B.Tech student to appear for the exam..

2) You can either be a dual degree holder or an M.Sc pass out..

The GATE 2012 is going to be held on 29th January,2012

The last date for application form submission is 24th October,2011..

In order to gain access to GATE Study material online Click Here

For more information on GATE 2012.. just Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
7th November 2011, 11:29 PM
samspat

dear sir

can I do to join M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed B.Tech

31st December 2011, 10:43 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

yes, you can apply for mtech course. You can write GATE-2012. so many companies like NTPC,INDIAN OIL, POWER GRID is recuriting Engineers trainee through GATE-2012 ONLY.

You can also apply in other PSU'S also.

all the best!!!!!
17th March 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

dear sir ,
i am doing BE electrical final year ,then i wrote the gate exam this year ,now i am passed gate exam
after i will do ME sir ,what s the procedure for applying ME ,so plz plz .suggest me then what can i do .................................................. ....
phone num 9566274921
email.id [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?