4th November 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

What are the career option after doing masters in English?

I have done masters in english and going to complete masters in german literature. Both from delhi university. what all career options do I have except the jobs of translation and interpreter?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope of M.A engineering after completing M.A Eng
  2. What is the career available after BHMS? Top colleges to pursue masters in Public Health?
  3. What is the next option which I can take after completion of B.A English Graduation? -- [New]
  4. Better scope between Masters in English and Masters in Social work?
  5. What is the procedure followed to do masters in English literature in correspondence mode after completion of B.A in English Literature?
  6. Can I do masters in English after completion of B.Sc in Computer Science?
  7. Is it possible for me to do masters in English at the age of 33 years?
  8. Is it beneficial to study MS in Abroad instead of India?
  9. Is M.Tech degree not useful after doing B.Tech ECE in terms of job perspective?
  10. What should be my career option if I have good communication skill with good English fluency? How should I make my career in NGO after passing B.Com with 6 back papers?
  11. Best career options for commerce students after 12th?
  12. What is the career option after having English Honors and MBA?
  13. Eligibility of doing masters in English after Masters in computers? Colleges in Pune offering the same externally and details of books and subjects?
  14. Career options if I am good at english? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is it possible to do 12th in Science after completing Commerce course in Maharashtra board?
  16. Best career option for commerce students after 12th?
  17. Best career option for commerce students after 12th?
  18. List of career options available for a B.A(Hons) graduate in English? What's the entrance and registration date for the same?
19th June 2012, 08:19 PM
sharmila mani

Default Re: What are the career option after doing masters in English?

Career in Private sector after MA in English Literature

Students of English Literature can get jobs with the media as reporters. It is also possible for them to get jobs with newspaper firms. If they have a degree in journalism, they can get jobs with news broadcasting firms like NDTV, CNN – IBN, Zee News, Star News Communication etc. Companies that print out Magazines as well as journals too take in students of English literature frequently. Content development and ITES firms also recruit English post graduates. Some of the other fields besides this are:

Copywriter
Editor
Freelance Writer
Jobs with BPO and KPO firms
Novelist
Public Relation
Reporter
Teacher
Technical Writer

Apart from these job prospects, students of English literature can also find jobs as independent literary critics, writing for print or online publications. They also have the option to start their own tuition centres for the English language.

Government Career after MA in English Literature

Graduates of English literature can find jobs in the government sector as well. There are many areas where they can get jobs. Some of them are:

Civil Service
Decoders
Insurance
Interpreter
Law schools
Library
Linguists
Teachers
Tourist guides
Translator

The many fields of entertainment also present postgraduate students of English literature with ample career opportunities. Those candidates who have good skills in writing can find them employed as campaign managers, speech writers and other positions that require the sophisticated use of written and spoken English.

Career Abroad after MA in English Literature

Candidates from MA in English Literature can get jobs abroad too. There will be numerous companies from a variety of fields that requires students from English literature. Candidates can get jobs as proofreaders, Copy Editors, Copy writers and writer in the marketing department (e.g. writing pamphlets or brochures for social service firms like PETA) etc. Students can also opt for research work abroad. But to get jobs abroad, work experience is a must.

Long term Career roadmap for MA in English Literature Postgraduates

Apart from teaching jobs, postgraduates of English Literature can start a career as consultants or they can join with publishing houses. With experience, candidates can get jobs with national as well as international magazines such as Vogue, National Geographic Magazine etc. As postgraduates of this field will have the ability to analyze and reproduce matter easily, they can get jobs within these firms quite effortlessly. Moreover, students can also go for higher studies. They can go for M.Phil, PhD or MBA. Social work as well as advertising fields also require students with flair of writing.
7th April 2013, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

i have completed masters in english from kalyani university,with 45 %.can i m.phil from correspondence?please reply...
7th April 2013, 10:39 PM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done masters in english and going to complete masters in german literature. Both from delhi university. what all career options do I have except the jobs of translation and interpreter?
Hello Aspirant,

Congratulations for doing MA in English & about to be getting masters in German literature both from Delhi University.

The scopes of MA in English are as follows:-

MA in English will fetch you jobs in every central and state government office. Also English translators, officers, Asst managers and managers are required with such qualifications. Post graduates can apply for a post of manager or Asst manager. You may also apply for public sector undertaking banks. Scope of teaching English language and linguistics in Indian Universities is increasing tremendously. You could pursue the UGC-NET exam for lecturership.

Any given day you also have an option of opening your own translation firm and get various translation projects advertised through internet. One of the great employment options is journalism or reporting.

However you may also need a journalism degree, but many employers are willing to take your English degree as substitute. You can actually do the reporting and writing for newspapers, magazines, and books, or you can find positions in editing and critiquing.Instructional design is where a lot of Linguistic majors find their niche, writing classroom, safety, and instructional information for companies, technology, and just about anything you can imagine from safety warning to manuals or instructions for use.

If you love to write, you could be an author, who dedicates their time to writing books on all kinds of topics. Those that do want to write often freelance, writing articles and information for books, magazines, websites, doctors, schools etc. You have a lot of options with an MA degree in English and you will likely find it a very rewarding career choice. You can take your degree in just about any direction and really make it work for you.

Thanks & the best wishes.

11th June 2013, 05:46 PM
rinku6

The scope is good one can choose from across sectors such as Publishing, Journalism, etc. With further studies one can become a Trainer, Teacher, etc.

If you love to write, you could be an author, who dedicates their time to writing books on all kinds of topics. Those that do want to write often freelance, writing articles and information for books, magazines, websites, doctors, schools etc.

After M.A. English You can go for B.ed and then can chose teaching profession or You can to a course on report writing or can do web site writing course and can do a lot better.

Thanks..
9th November 2013, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

Hello.. I am doing masters in english .. But also studied in classical music..like vocal.. So does it make a good combination for my carrer..i hv completed 6th year in classical vocal subject...plz help
4th December 2013, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/m'am ,
i have completed p.g. with economics .but my interest is always in english. i m good and passionate for language.should i go for again p.g.in English lit .is it beneficial for making any good career?
18th March 2015, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

I have complited ma lit with 60% In gitam university.iam not intrested in teaching field.I want to join in journalisam course..what kind of course can i join in journalisam
18th March 2015, 01:52 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Holding a master's degree in English provides opportunities career in multiple industries including :

> > Publishing

> > Advertising

> > Marketing

> > Education

> > Media .

Career Opportunities vary depending on the sector , but individaul have the knowledge and skill to work in teaching , writing, ad editing positions.

CAREER IN PRIVATE SECTOR AFTER MASTER'S IN ENGLISH ARE AS FOLLOWS :

> > Copywriter
> > Editor
> > Freelance Writer
> > Novelist
> > Reporter
> > Technical Writer
> > Jobs in BPO , KPO firms etc

Apart from these jobs student of English literature can also find jobs as independent literary critics, they also have the opportunity to open a tuition center for English literature subject .

It is not that the student can find jobs only in Private sector , they are eligible for Government jobs too , and some of them are :

> > Civil Service

> >Interpreter

> > law Schools

> > Library

> > Linguistic

> > Tourist Guide

> > Decoders

> > Insurance etc.

They can also go for higher studies : PhD , M.phil, MBA, or social work as well as advertising fields as they required students with flair of writing .
19th March 2015, 12:02 AM
sairam0123

Thumbs up Re: What are the career option after doing masters in English?

hello sir

There are many carrier option after completing Master in English you can go for -

1.civil services
2.journalism
3.Teacher.
4. Novelist.

You have many options it depends on the area of interest in which you want to go.So do what in which you have interest. which will help you a lot in your future.
all the best.

thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?