14th November 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Is M.Tech degree not useful after doing B.Tech ECE in terms of job perspective?

hi,
I am studying b tech 3rd year of ECE branch.I want to do M tech.I am preparing for gate too.But many are saying that doing M tech is not useful for your carrier and if you join in a job you will get experience in these two years course.Is it true?
can i get a good opportunity through M tech.please get me out of this dilama.

15th February 2012, 07:03 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Tech degree not useful after doing B.Tech ECE in terms of job perspective?

This is a common situation that almost all engineering students come across in their career. It all depends upon what exactly you want to do. Since you have mentioned that you are preparing for Gate, go ahead with that. There are lots of opportunities for those who complete their masters. M.Tech degree is one of the primary qualifications for a candidate to become a Professor. You can even join organizations like the ISRO, DRO, HAL etc which provide a good career option for engineers who have completed their masters.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?