19th November 2010, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

What is difference between a company, a public LTD. company & a private LTD. company?

what is mean by a company, a public ltd.company & a private ltd. company..
plzz send me details on my e mail id
please reply soon..

26th March 2012, 03:59 PM
roshni.biswas

Default Re: What is difference between a company, a public LTD. company & a private LTD. company?

In the case of public limited co., the shares are freely transferable but it is not so in private limited company.

Some of the strigent requirements which are applicable to public limited companies are not there in the case of private limited companies.

Public sector company is a company where the central govt or state govt or both of them combined together holds the majority of shares. But in Private sector companies the private individuals or business houses holds the majority of shares.

I dont think there exists any significant difference regarding the benefits to be offered by Private Ltd or Public Ltd Companies. Most of the benefits are reliant on the no. of employees working in a concern.
26th March 2012, 04:01 PM
roshni.biswas

Default Re: What is difference between a company, a public LTD. company & a private LTD. company?

In the case of public limited co., the shares are freely transferable but it is not so in private limited company.

Some of the strigent requirements which are applicable to public limited companies are not there in the case of private limited companies.

Public sector company is a company where the central govt or state govt or both of them combined together holds the majority of shares. But in Private sector companies the private individuals or business houses holds the majority of shares.

I dont think there exists any significant difference regarding the benefits to be offered by a Private Ltd or Public Ltd Companies. Most of the benefits are reliant on the no. of employees working in a concern.
26th March 2012, 04:20 PM
jyotsana d

Dear friend,
Company: An entity engaging in business, Such as proprietorship, partnership or cooperation. It is an association or collection of individual real person or other companies

Public Ltd. company: It will accept shares from the public. Atleast 7 members required to form public Ltd. company, whereas
Private Ltd company:It cannot accept shares from the public . Only their own funds they
have to run the company.Minimum number of members required.

Thank you
3rd February 2013, 01:33 PM
saivineel.t
Member+

Dear,
Ltd company is otherwise known as public limited company and pvt ltd company is a private limited company. Under public limited there are private sector company and public sector company.

The difference between pvt ltd and public ltd company is in the no. of shareholders and transferability of shares. In pvt ltd the minimum no. of shareholders is 2 and maximum is 50 excluding the past and present employees who holds shares . Whereas in public limited the minimum no. of shareholders is 7 and there is no maximum limit.

As far as I am concerned there is no significant difference regarding the benefits to be offered by a Private Ltd or Public Ltd Companies. Most of the benefits are reliant on the no. of employees working in a concern.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?