16th April 2012, 04:49 PM
Tanushree083

What is the difference between IAS and IES exam? Date of sale of application form?

Plz tell me about the difference between ias and ies exam,application form and question paper..

16th April 2012, 06:47 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between IAS and IES exam? Date of sale of application form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanushree083 View Post
Plz tell me about the difference between ias and ies exam,application form and question paper..

Dear Friend,

There are some difference between IAS and IES.

Both IAS and IES are senior employee of Government

IAS dealt with PM , CM , as Secretariat while IES is at the same level but in technical sector.

Now Let it be explained elaborately......

IES (Indian Engineering Services)

• IES belongs to the Technical Services department which comes under the technical and administrative functions of the Indian Government.
  • The candidates are recruited on the basis of merit scored in the exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
  • Candidates must have a Degree in engineering or its equivalent to apply for this course.
  • Those candidates who clear the written exam are then called for the interview by the board.
  • The candidates who clear the IES entrance examination can find employment in the Indian Railway Engineering service (IERS), Military Engineering Service (MES), Central Engineering Service (CES) etc etc......

starting date of sale of application : 10-03-2012

Last date to submiting the application forms : 09-04-2012

IAS(Indian Administrative Services)

• The IAS Officers are employed in the administrative department of the Indian government.
  • The Indian Administrative Service is the executive branch of the Indian Government.
  • Candidates who are graduates from any university in India are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance exam.
  • The officers of the IAS play an important role in managing the bureaucracy of both the Central and the State Government
  • The candidates who qualify in the IAS can find employment in the fields of the Indian Revenue Service, the Indian Railway Service, the Indian Audit and Account Services etc etc.......

IAS application sale date starts:-
Feb 2012

Last date for receipt of applications:- Mar 2012

16th April 2012, 10:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between IAS and IES exam? Date of sale of application form?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanushree083 View Post
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services
IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

IES examination is Conducted by UPSC for recruitment of engineers in government services.

IAS is an administrative services which is related to the field of Administration. To become IAS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination and this examination is Conducted by UPSC, every year.

To apply for Civil services examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

But to apply for IES Examination, you have to complete your Engineering graduate degree course in any one of the disciplines :

~~ Civil Engineering
~~ Mechanical Engineering
~~ Electrical Engineering
~~ Electronics & telecommunication Engineering

To apply for both the examination, you must have attained the age of 21 years and not have attained the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

This year examination Notification for IES and Civil services was already Published and the last date of apply for both the examination was already Over. If you have missed the chance this year, then please apply for this examination next year.

So, please wait for the Notification and if you need more information then please check official website :

upsc.gov.in

16th April 2012, 10:19 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services
IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

IES examination is Conducted by UPSC for recruitment of engineers in government services.

IAS is an administrative services which is related to the field of Administration. To become IAS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination and this examination is Conducted by UPSC, every year.

To apply for Civil services examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

But to apply for IES Examination, you have to complete your Engineering graduate degree course in any one of the disciplines :

~~ Civil Engineering
~~ Mechanical Engineering
~~ Electrical Engineering
~~ Electronics & telecommunication Engineering

To apply for both the examination, you must have attained the age of 21 years and not have attained the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

This year examination Notification for IES and Civil services was already Published and the last date of apply for both the examination was already Over. If you have missed the chance this year, then please apply for this examination next year.

So, please wait for the Notification and if you need more information then please check official website :

upsc.gov.in

17th April 2012, 12:14 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Admistrative Service and IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

IES exam is recruitment for the government services. IES conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering.

IAS also conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Both exams the age limit is the 21 to 30 years.
The age relaxation for sc/st candidates 5 years and OBC candidates 3 years.

The Education Qualification is complete graduation from a recognized university.

The Both exams the gender required male and female both are eligible for this exam.

For more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.

17th April 2012, 08:16 AM
rounak_online

Hey tanushree
The basic difference of IAS and IES is their area of work and profile.
After completing IES one gets rank of DRM officer afer 6 months training. It is related to Railway
After completing IAS one gets into administrative line . Yoou get here chance to be a part of of nation in major roles, like commissioner, deputy commissioner, join police service. One can also go in embassy. there are more options. UPSC conducts both the exams. Form of IAS comes in nov-dec and FORM of IES comes in january.
check employment news always.
hope you find these helpful

28th April 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I completed my B.Tech in rural college.Can you tell me how to prepare for IES ? Can I crack IES in one Year?

24th June 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

ARE BTECH STUDENTS WHO HAVE PASSED THEIR BTECH FROM CS/IT DISCIPLINE ELLIGIBLE FOR IES EXAM?

7th January 2013, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Hi i an samidha now i m in 3rd year should i give exam for IAS OR IES officer i m doing IT engineering

7th January 2013, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Hi i an samidha now i m in 3rd year should i give exam for IAS OR IES officer i m doing IT engineering

30th January 2013, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

i m final year student of b.tech from electronics & communication. can you tell me i am elligible for IES. exam

23rd July 2014, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

hey its not like that ,there is lot difference in syllabus and and the pattern and nature of work in both fields.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?