29th January 2011, 11:27 PM
aalia

IAS or IES: Better option after completing B.Tech (CS)? Difference between the two?

what is the difference b/w ias and ies , which one will be better after completing b.tech. in computer science?

30th January 2011, 12:21 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: IAS or IES: Better option after completing B.Tech (CS)? Difference between the two?

IF you would like to continue your engineering then go for IES else IAS.
30th January 2011, 04:44 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: IAS or IES: Better option after completing B.Tech (CS)? Difference between the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalia View Post
what is the difference b/w ias and ies , which one will be better after completing b.tech. in computer science?
dear friend,
ies is an entrance exam for engineers only but computer science engineers and it engineers are not eligible for the exam. you can give ias exam because it needs graduation only in any field with atleast 60% marks. after clearing the ias exam, you will be recruited as an ias officer. the notification of the exam will come in the employment news. you can also visit their official website for the latest updates and to know more about the exam
www.upsc.giv.in
11th February 2011, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: IAS or IES: Better option after completing B.Tech (CS)? Difference between the two?

between ias and ies officers who as more power
11th February 2011, 04:26 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: IAS or IES: Better option after completing B.Tech (CS)? Difference between the two?

For both of them you will be required to give exam coonducted by UPSC.
Also for IAS degree is required whereas for IES engineering is required .

IAS officers come under administration section whereas IES officers come under technical section.
IAS officers are in fields like Secretary to PM, CM, Aviation, Revenue etc.
IES officers are in fields like Indian Railway Engineering service (IERS), Military Engineering Service (MES), Central Engineering Service (CES) etc.

I would suggest you to appear for IES exam as you have completed your B.Tech
16th March 2011, 07:13 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: IAS or IES: Better option after completing B.Tech (CS)? Difference between the two?

IAS is Indian Administrative Service and

IES is Indian Engineering Service..

even though these both are Civil Services they both have a lot of difference..

IAS is related to Governments Administration. you'll have a chance to Implement all the govt's policies with your hand..

if you have interest regarding IAS then You can go with CSE(Civil Service Examination.)

this exam will be conducted every year by UPSC for selecting candidates into 23 services excluding IES and IFS(Indian Forest Service)

IES is a seperate exam which will be conducted by UPSC every year..

coming to your next question.

If you like Engineering well enough creative and have passion towards engineering go with IES

or else

if you like to serve people directly

then go with CSE(Civil Service Examination)

make a good selection

all the best

~aditya~
30th April 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir i hve done mca then wat should i prefer ias and ies .my dream is ias bt sub selection is my main prob .wat should i chose in sub? Ple tell me sir
14th May 2011, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

sir iam an engg student be.secand year with civil engg .what can i do after engg IAS or IES?
23rd May 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

how we can prepare to qualify PCS exam.we r studying in first year of b tech .plz give me suggestion therefore we can just qualify PCS exam after completing his b. tech. degree.
30th May 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

SIR i am BE final year student with Electronic and instrumentations engineering .i wont to after complite my be IAS and IES ,??
16th June 2011, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

is CS better or IT better..??
which has greater demand for 2011 batch??
25th September 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

I will be doing B-Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from IITK by 2015.I am very passionate about serving the nation with the knowledge I will achieve here,but at the same time I am also interested in research field.Do Central Engineering Services has any branch which will fill my appetite of carrying out research work along with practising engineering.Plz reply authentically.
1st January 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

after the completed m.tech we can give exam of ies
30th January 2012, 03:38 PM
drurv

IAS degree is required whereas for IES engineering is required .

IAS officers come under administration section whereas IES officers come under technical section.
IAS officers are in fields like Secretary to PM, CM, Aviation, Revenue etc.
IES officers are in fields like Indian Railway Engineering service (IERS), Military Engineering Service (MES), Central Engineering Service
25th August 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

which of the two offer higher salary package IES or IAS?
25th February 2013, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

sir,I am studying in 2nd year engineering in Electronics and communication branch.I am interested in giving IES exams..Shall I start its preparation now?If yes then how?pls give some basic info. Thank you.
6th July 2013, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i m currentlly doing b.tech(electrical engineering) 2nd year,i want to give cse examination,which is the best Ias or Ies plz give me some idea??thank u
28th September 2013, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

I completed my enggbin electronics&telecommuication, so suggest me wat is better for me ias or ies, as I m nt so interested in engg, can I go wth ias
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?