12th October 2010, 05:24 PM
TUSHARTHAKRE1992

Difference between IAS and IES exam? Which types of Jobs and Designation we get after these two exams?

sir, i have to know the difference between IAS & IES. Both are UPSC exams but what designation we can get by both the exams. sir please tell me in detail..

12th October 2010, 11:59 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Difference between IAS and IES exam? Which types of Jobs and Designation we get after these two exams?

IAS is nontechnical ,whereas IES is technical....the former qualifies for various administrative jobs like magistrate,cabinet secerataries and other high level posts in administrative services...whereas IES qualifies for jobs of high level in the engineering sector i.e,govt.
13th October 2010, 09:40 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Difference between IAS and IES exam? Which types of Jobs and Designation we get after these two exams?

Dear friend,

Both IAS and IES exam are conducted by the UPSC every year.

IAS or Indian Administrative Service exam is held to recruit administrative personnels.

And IES or Indian Engineering Services is held for recruiting fresh engineering graduates in the central administrative technical sector.

By cracking both exams you can get central govt jobs in Indian administrative service and Indian engineering service.

All the best!
15th October 2010, 03:53 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Difference between IAS and IES exam

IES exam is the highest respective job for engineers in india.

and IAS is the highest respective job for graduate candidate in india.

both are administrative jobs.

all the best.........
17th October 2010, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between ies and ias . and what type of job are there in ias and ies.
18th November 2010, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

which is best administrative service in india ias,ips,ies,pcs
4th December 2010, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

l need some improtant notes for ias sir &date of issue ias application from
4th December 2010, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

i have 40% in graduate level
can i apply for ias ips

reeta dubey
31st December 2010, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

What type of jobs we get for the IES exam and the Engg Services Exam and what is the syllabus for both the exams and pattern of question paper.Please send to the mail address mentioned below.

[email protected]
[email protected]
10th January 2011, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

what is age limit for ies
8th February 2011, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

prilms exam is same for IAS, IES, AND IFS
11th February 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b.tech in ece branch and am i applicable for ies or not?
14th February 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

sir tell me differance between job power.

subodh kumar
20th February 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

good evening sir, i am pursuing my b.tech final year with eee group. i could not decide to opt either for ies or ias, can u give a sugession which one is better for my career, and one thing is that i am interested in helping for the development of our country by helping the people.
9th March 2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

what benefits an indian engineering services officer gets during his job?
18th March 2011, 07:18 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Difference between IAS and IES exam? Which types of Jobs and Designation we get after these two exams?

IAS is a top cadre Indian Civil Service

IES is also a very good Civil Service.

it's very simple to decide If you're sound in technical knowledge

then go with IES

if you are very much interested towards general civil service and want to help your country with your hands.

then you can go with IAS

for further details regarding these services click on to this links

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

regards.

~aditya~
12th May 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

WHICH POST IN IES CAN AN ELECTRONICS ENGINEER AS BOTH TELECOMMUNICATION AND ELECTRONICS HAVE SAME EXAM PLEASE REPLY
[email protected]
19th May 2011, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

which is best administrative service in india ias,ips,ies,pcs.plz tel me abiut it
19th June 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

i am final year btech IT student. can i write IES exam?
5th July 2011, 12:53 PM
the CEO

Thumbs up Re: Difference between IAS and IES exam? Which types of Jobs and Designation we get after these two exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am final year btech IT student. can i write IES exam?
no u can't...except CSE and IT ,well me too is a IAS qualified student grduated from IIT (CSE from iit-b) and currently holding the position of the CEO in a MNC.....all the best
13th July 2011, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am studying final year B.E in EEE branch.... can I apply at this time or I should wait for another one year??
13th July 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
till 30 yr
7th August 2011, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I write Both IAS and IES exam in the same year?
13th September 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

i m done b.e , in c.s.e stream . i m computer science software engg. and i want to prepration for upsc exam and which optional subject to preprare me.plz suggest me.
26th September 2011, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

Does the WHOLE civil engg syllabus comes under option "CIVIL ENGINEERING"?
3rd October 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

What r the jobs available for an ies ?examples
17th October 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
30 is the age limit for ies
19th December 2011, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

i heared that computer science engineering also included in ies exam.is this true if then when and tell me details about it ?
5th January 2012, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

i am currently in year in computer engg from MUMBAI UNIVERSITY. can u suggest me which is the best option for me efter i complete my B.E. shall i do MBS OR PH.d OR GO FOR IAS OR IES. please help me out.
11th January 2012, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

sir can I.T. B.Tech student is eligible for I.E.S EXAM
1st September 2012, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed b.sc. (botany and chemistry ) and post graduate diploma in biotech in tissue culture from govt.polytechnic faizabad so what can i do please suggest me.
27th September 2012, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

I am the student of NIT KKR in Mech. Engg. Which is best option for me IAS or IES ?
28th September 2012, 12:26 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSHARTHAKRE1992 View Post
sir, i have to know the difference between IAS & IES. Both are UPSC exams but what designation we can get by both the exams. sir please tell me in detail..
HI!
I.A.S is Indian Administrative Services

I.E.S is Indian Engineering Services.

Both the exam are conducted by Union Public Services Exam.

Friend I.A.S exam is for all the student who pass graduation with any stream.
But I.E.S exam is only for those candidate who pass engineering in following branch:-
> Mechanical Engineering
> Civil Engineering
> Electrical Engineering
> Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering

Rest all are same age limit and number of attempts is also same.

GOOD LUCK!
28th September 2012, 11:07 AM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSHARTHAKRE1992 View Post

Well Ias Stands for the Indian Administrative Services

And on the other hand IES Stands for the Indian Engineering Services

And the job of the IAS Is very higher and very reputed

And the job of IES Is base on engineering

And yes you can apply for the both exams

But you need to be pass in graduation from a recognized university For the post like IAS

And for the IES Exam you just need to be pass in graduation in b.tech from a recognized indian university

And the age limit for the exam:

21-30 And relaxation for the sc/st of 5 years and for the obc of 3 years

And the relaxation will be given to the ph candidates is 10 years '
28th September 2012, 02:12 PM
tvidyasagar82

I am the student of NIT KKR in Mech. Engg. Which is best option for me IAS or IES ?
28th September 2012, 03:15 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Sir!!!
Although, both exams (IAS\IES) are conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION(UPSC).
But both are different type of exams with different working field, but both are governmental jobs.
IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE whereas IES stands for INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE.

The minimum educational requirement or IAS is a graduation in any stream, but from a recognized college,
whereas IES needs a B.tech/B.E. degree in either-
1. civil engineering,
2. mechanical engineering
3. electrical & communication engineering,
4. electronics engineering..

The age limit for both exams is 21-30 years for a general candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

No. of attempts or both exams-

four or general candidates,
seven for the obc candidates,
no such restriction for the SC\ST candidates..
For more info---

www.upsc.gov.in

Notification-

Thank you!!
!!gamble~~
26th December 2012, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

now im living in tamilnadu...is there any possibility to get post in kerala after cleared the ies exam...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?