26th April 2015, 03:39 PM
azhar cp

What to do next after 10th for doing Civil Engineering?

Well now i finished CBSE 10th standard,what should i do next for becoming a civil engineering ?

26th April 2015, 05:32 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

Default Re: What to do next after 10th for doing Civil Engineering?

Engineering courses are available at two levels.There are the graduate and postgraduate degree courses offered by the engineering colleges.

Minimum Qualification to become a civil engineer is bachelor's degree in Engineering.To become a Civil Engineer candidate must be pass 12th with PCM
(Physics,Chemistry,Maths).

The Duration of BE/B.Tech civil Engineering course is 4 years and diploma courses are of 2-3 year's duration.

Selection of the candidates are based on Merit List.In private colleges fees range is Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2 lakh annually for a bachelors degree.
26th April 2015, 06:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

After completion of 10th, you must pursue your 10+2 from science stream with subjects like Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and try to secure better marks in 10+2 from CBSE or any other board.

Join Entrance exam is conducted every year for selection of students to top engineering colleges for different streams like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical engineering etc.

You must obtain better rank in JEE Mains and Advanced to get admission in IITs, NITs and other engineering colleges for bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
26th April 2015, 06:53 PM
poojasingh151

For civil engineering after 10th board exams follow the given steps:

Step I: Take science stream in 10+2 board exams with PCM subject group.

Step II: Appear for the Joint Entrance exam.

Step III: Perform well in 10+2 board exam, secure good marks and get good ranks in JEE Mains and Advanced.

After that you will able to get admission in good engineering colleges for Civil Engineering.
26th April 2015, 07:15 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To become an engineer , it is compulsory for a student to clear 12th with PCM from a recognized board.
IIT and NIT are the best college for engineering in India but selection in any IIT is tough .
After passing or at the time of appearing ,student need to qualify JEE mains and JEE Advance(for IIT ) and also need to be in top 20 percentile of the respective board.
IIT and NIT are under central government.
Also some state govt based college provide seats through JEE mains rank while other states organize their own entrance test.

Some private colleges are also good for engineering which organize their own entrance test such as
-BITS through BITSAT
-VIT through VITEE
-SRM university through SRMEE

So, to become engineer you need to take admission in 11th then 12th,along with boards it is also necessary to study as competitive level so that to clear at first attempt.
26th April 2015, 08:37 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar cp View Post
Well now i finished CBSE 10th standard,what should i do next for becoming a civil engineering ?

To do Civil engineering after completing your 10th standard, you have to choose science stream when going for 11th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/Computer science as subjects. After completing your +2 you can apply for Degree courses such as B.E Civil engineering or B.tech Civil Engineering for which you should have completed +2 with at least 60% aggregate.

There are many entrance exams which are conducted in India for candidates to join in B.E or B.tech courses. Apart from doing Engineering courses you could also apply for Diploma courses for doing Civil engineering and that can be done right after completing 10th with a minimum of 35% aggregate.
26th April 2015, 09:03 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Coming straight to the point, for doing any engineering, you need to take up Science stream in your 11th class.

You need to pass your intermediate i.e. 12th class with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and maths) compulsory subjects. Along with this you are free to choose any subjects.

Then you have to apply through various exams like IITJEE and AIEEE for admission in government exams. Other exams also can be given which are of state level like UPSEE for Uttar pradesh technical university and like wise.

Through this you can pursue civil engineering.
26th April 2015, 11:12 PM
GoluBoss
Junior Member+

Civil engineering is a branch in which we study about designing , construction, and maintainance of physically human-made buildings

The best college for civil engineering in India are IIT and NIT.
To get admission ,students must have passed or appeaeing in 10+2 from a recognized board.
Also it is necessary to qualify JEE Mains and Advance and also need to be in top 20 percentile of respective board.

Some private colleges are also better for civil engineering like BIT,VIT,MIT,SRM,Amity university.

As you wish to be a civil engineer then you need to complete 10+2 in PCM with good score and while preparing for boards , preparations for entrance examination is also necessary to crack it at first attempt.
27th April 2015, 12:03 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

To do civil engineering, After the 10th class you have to get the admission in 11th class and take the physics, Chemistry and mathematics as your main subjects and after it have to passed in the 12th class with the same subjects.

After it you have to apply for the A.I.E.E.E. or I.I.T. entrance exam for the admission in engineering course after you have qualify the A.I.E.E.E. or I.I.T. exam then you have to go for the online counselling and fill your choices of collages and stream that you want to get the admission and then after allotting any seat in any collage can go for the admission.

NOTE- If you want to get the admission in Civil engineering then you have to opted out every time your first choice civil engineering in counselling.
27th April 2015, 12:59 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To do Civil Engineering after your 10th you will have to follow the procedure here under:-

* At first you should complete your senior secondary education with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with minimum of 50% marks in each from a recognized school/college affiliated to recognized board .

* For selection in good engineering college with the same trade as it is a trade with high scope you should must qualify the engineering entrance examination like JEE examinations,your respective State engineering entrance examination , COMED-K , VITEEE, SRMEEE , BITSAT etc. .

-->>For these examination your age must be within 17 years to 25 years till the last date of the year in which you are applying for this examination .

For good colleges and better placement you should secure good percentage of marks in your 12th board examination as well as the competitive examination as the final selection is based on the overall performance .

For more details about the mentioned examination you should visit their respective official websites .
27th April 2015, 08:37 AM
momtazz

You are now CBSE 10th to become a civil engineer you have 2 ways.

1.You can be a diploma engineer through Polytechnic colleges in & around the country.

2.After 10th you should get admission for 10+3 years diploma course.

3.You can complete 12th standard with PCM.

4.After the completion 12th having 50% or more marks you attend JEE/AIEEE.

5.Next as per your entrance result you get admission for b.tech engineering course.
27th April 2015, 12:36 PM
s.sharma5657
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What to do next after 10th for doing Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar cp View Post
Hello,
Well after 10th there are three ways to get into Civil Engineering:
1) Go for Diploma in Civil stream and then engineering in the same stream after diploma
Pros:
Diploma is of 3 three and engineering is of 4 years.

But,many institutes offer this:- if you get into engineering after diploma you will get admission directly into 2nd year of engineering , thus saving your one year!!
Also you get your basics cleared in Diploma itself making engineering much easy for you.
Cons:
There are limited seats to get into 2nd year engineering admission after diploma!!So you need to have highly demanding score to grab those limited seats.

2) Take admission in 11th and then along-with your 12th exam give engineering entrance exam to get admission into Engineering college.
Pros:Only there there are lots of seats available based on your merit in exam.

3) Take admission in 11th after 12th take admission in Diploma and then after diploma get admitted into engineering college.
No Pros of following this way.
It is time consuming.

Good Luck!!
27th April 2015, 06:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Civil Engineering is one of the core stream of Engineering. Its good that you have taken an early initiative towards your career. Engineering is one of the most preferred stream for career nowadays.

Civil Engineering is considered to be the evergreen branch because of availability of private and public sector jobs in this stream.

The first step which you must take after 10th board result is to get enrolled yourself for the 10+2 board exams by choosing science stream consisting of subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory ones in 10+2 board exams.

After that prepare well for the board exams as well as the engineering entrance exams like Joint Entrance exams and State level engineering exams.

Questions asked in these exams are from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. So you should focus on these subjects and work hard solving different types of questions of these subjects.

Stick to the NCERT books for scoring better in CBSE 10+2 board exams as percentage obtained in 10+2 also plays vital role in getting selected for the best engineering colleges in India.

Joint Entrance exam has two stages:

JEE Mains is the first stage, if you clear this and have good percentage of marks in 10+2 board exams, you will have chance to get admission in good government engineering colleges like National Institute of technology.

After that JEE Advanced is conducted, your performance in this exam will decide that whether you will be able to get Indian Institute of Technology for Civil Engineering or not.

You can apply for JEE exams while appearing for the 10+2 board exams. You can also join good coaching institutes for preparation if you are not able to do self study for preparation.

Hard work along with consistency will fetch you the desired result. So be always optimistic and give your 100% in study.
27th April 2015, 07:44 PM
havvedprakash

Steps to become Civil Engineer :

To become a civil engineer first of all you have to pass 12th class with physics and Mathematics.

After completing 12th you have to appear in JEE exams. Score good marks in JEE exam to get admission in good colleges.

To get admission in IITs you have to score good marks in JEE Advance. Candidate who are in top 1,00,000 rank in JEE Main exams can appear in JEE Advance.

Top colleges for Civil Engineering :
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
  • Indian Institute of Technology, BHU-Varanasi
  • National Institute of Technology, NIT Trichy
  • Anna University
  • National Institute of Technology, NITK, Surathkal
  • College of Engineering Pune
  • National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
  • Thapar University
  • PSG College of Technology
28th April 2015, 06:46 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Hello Azhar,

Its really gracious that you have decided earlier about your career and the sector in which you want yourself in the upcoming future.

Wanna tell you that Civil Engineering is one the main streams in the field of Engineering which is also considered as the evergreen stream in Engineering.

As you have just passed out your 10th standard, so now you need to focus two years more well on your study and try to score good percentile in the Higher Secondary Examination.

You can join Civil Engineering stream by qualifying the entrance examinations conducted by various Engineering Colleges and Universities offering B.Tech & B.E. courses for various streams of Engineering.

The minimum educational qualification required in order to set yourself eligible for the Engineering Entrance Exams is 12th with PCM as key subjects from any recognized board.

You should try to score minimum 50 % marks and maximum in 12th as well as in Engineering Entrance Exams as much as you can to get admission in the Civil Engineering stream.

The most prestigious Engineering Entrance exam conducted every year in our country is the JEE which is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology.

The IIT JEE is conducted in two phases :

1) JEE MAINS

2) JEE Advanced

You need to qualify for JEE MAINS first in order to appear in the JEE advanced.

This is the information I have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
16th April 2017, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

I am Nafla and completed my sslc examination. I expect good score and now I want to know the scope of civil engineering.
Actually I really don't know what is the difference between B.E and B tech though am from a small village.I would like to know everything including year for my studies.
1st June 2017, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I pass ssc exam this year and i have interest in math so i choose this field of engineering then what can I do after 10th
3rd June 2017, 11:47 AM
GopinKumar

Smile Re: What to do next after 10th for doing Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I pass sslc exam this year and i have interest in math so i choose this field of engineering then what can I do after 10th
Hi.. You are having two options in front of you.. either to go for Diploma in Civil Engineering or to choose science stream in 12th and then to go for B.Tech in Civil Engineering. Some of the leading institutes for Civil engineering are SRM university, Lovely Professional University, Manipal university etc. You can pursue your course with scholarships in some of the universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?