13th November 2011, 08:42 PM
adityahanchinal

Is a candidate passed 12th CBSE board from Navi Mumbia, eligible for Karnataka CET? Family is now residing in Karataka

my son is a student of cbse board at present he is doing his 12th standard from navi mumbai. both of us that is myself and my husband are from karnataka and i am bank employee whether my son is eligible to appear for karnataka cet. he can speak kannada

Related Questions:
  1. What's the Eligibility criteria for CET entrance exam in Karnataka? Is a candidate completed SSLC in Karnataka and her IST and II puc studying in Maharashtra but residing in Karnataka, eligible for the same?
  2. Am I eligible for KCET 2015 if my family is residing in Karnataka but I did 12th from Andhra Pradesh? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to write the CET of Karnataka after completing 12th in Tamilnadu but residing in Karnataka?
  4. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET?
  5. What are the eligibility criteria for CET, Karnataka? I have done schooling up to 7th std(CBSE board) from Saudi Arabia and planning to move to karnataka for further studies from 8th std to 12th through CBSE board
  6. Am I eligible to write Karnataka, CET? I studied up to 10th Standard,outside India (CBSE) and I am studying in 12th from Karnataka. My parents belong to Karnataka
  7. Will I be eligible for Karnataka CET after studying in class 11th in CBSE board? My parents are from Karnataka
  8. Can I appear for MPET is currently residing at Karnataka?
  9. Will I be eligible for MHT CET exam after migrating from Maharashtra to Andhra Pradesh for 12th standard?
  10. Scholarship for 12th CBSE Board passed SC student who has secured 78.12% marks?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in Karnataka-CET being a domicile of Goa?
  12. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I am pursuing 12th from Kerala? My father was born in Karnataka and studied in Karnataka
  13. How can I apply for Karnataka CET? From where I can download the application form?
  14. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET after completing education in Karnataka board? What are the requirements?
  15. Procedure for applying in CET karnataka?
  16. Eligibility criteria to appear for the upcoming Karnataka CET exam?
  17. Can a 12th board student of Hyderabad apply for Karnataka CET?
  18. Eligibility for CET exam in 2013 after 11th and 12th from Andhra state board and 4th to 10th from CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
29th April 2012, 12:43 PM
jyotsana d

Default Re: Is a candidate passed 12th CBSE board from Navi Mumbia, eligible for Karnataka CET? Family is now residing in Karataka

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityahanchinal View Post
my son is a student of cbse board at present he is doing his 12th standard from navi mumbai. both of us that is myself and my husband are from karnataka and i am bank employee whether my son is eligible to appear for karnataka cet. he can speak kannada
Dear friend,

For appearing in Karnataka cet, you need not to stay in karnataka or speak kannada.

Eligiblity criteria are:

you must pass the Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th Std. or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study and obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate in the optional subjects, irrespective of marks obtained in the Common Entrance Test.

For those candidates, who belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks for eligibility purpose will be 40% in aggregate in the optional subjects and if you fail to secure this percentage of marks, then you are not eligible to appear in KCET entrance examination.

THANK YOU
17th May 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is a candidate passed 12th CBSE board from Navi Mumbia, eligible for Karnataka CET? Family is now residing in Karataka

sir, if some one get supplementry in cbse 12th board , can he apper for cet ,(kea)
17th May 2012, 12:03 PM
ssushyam

Unhappy Re: Is a candidate passed 12th CBSE board from Navi Mumbia, eligible for Karnataka CET? Family is now residing in Karataka

Quote:
If you are a domicile of Karnataka and able to prove it with relevant documents you will definetly get admission for your son in Karnataka. Able to speak Kannada is not a hindrance in getting admission. As and when counselling sessions starts then you need to go there with all the certificates. If possible take your and your husbands' 10th class mark sheet. (if you are required to prove the domicile status of you/hubby).
17th May 2012, 05:56 PM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Is a candidate passed 12th CBSE board from Navi Mumbia, eligible for Karnataka CET? Family is now residing in Karataka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, if some one get supplementry in cbse 12th board , can he apper for cet ,(kea)
Yeah, Doesn't matter. But the First arks are Considered for Eigibility Criteria.

Quote:
Hello Madam,

Since Both of You (Candidate's Parents) have been Residing in Karnataka for atleast 10 years, your Son is Eligible to give the K-CET Examination.

You come under Clause B Mentioned in the KEA Brochure.

For more Details, Log on to: kea.kar.nic.in/

Regards,

Nik
17th May 2012, 06:22 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eligiblity criteria for Karnataka CET are:

1. You must pass the Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th Std. or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics / Biology as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study and obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate in the optional subjects, irrespective of marks obtained in the Common Entrance Test.

2. For those candidates, who belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks for eligibility purpose will be 40% in aggregate in the optional subjects and if you fail to secure this percentage of marks, then you are not eligible to appear in KCET entrance examination.

Sorry you are not eligible for the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?