20th December 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria of IPS? How to prepare for it?

Hi sir/madam
i am Sambarta Bhattacharyya. i live in Baidyabaty. my age is 25. i am persuing graduetion in Calcutta Univercity about Geography,Education and Economics. i want to know that what is the aligibilyty or criteria of I.P.S and how to preaperd and when its comes....?

thanks
Sambarta Bhattacharyya
([email protected])

30th December 2011, 08:09 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria of IPS? How to prepare for it?

To become an IPS officer, you have to clear the CSAT exam conducted by UPSC. The minimum qualification required to appear for the exam is bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year students can also appear for the exam. The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years. You have to work hard for the exam. To prepare well for the exam, you have to read newspapers and magazines daily. Listening to the daily news is also important to update the current affairs. Refer standard books for getting good score. Also, work out previous year question papers.
1st January 2012, 06:12 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir/madam
i am Sambarta Bhattacharyya. i live in Baidyabaty. my age is 25. i am persuing graduetion in Calcutta Univercity about Geography,Education and Economics. i want to know that what is the aligibilyty or criteria of I.P.S and how to preaperd and when its comes....?

thanks
Sambarta Bhattacharyya
([email protected])
Nice to see that you are Interested to become IPS Officer in future.

IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and to Become IPS Officer, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

To apply for Civil services examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

So, If your graduation degree course is Complete OR you are Pursuing your Final year Degree course then you are eligible to apply for This examination Next year.

The Notification of Civil services examination will be Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website in the Month of February i.e on 04/Feb/2012.

The Last date of apply for this examination Online 05/March/2012

Preliminary examination Date : 20/May/2012

>> General Candidates will gets 4 Chances to cracked this examination
>> OBC Candidates will gets 7 Chances
>> No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

The examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and if you have cracked the Preliminary examination then you are eligible for Main examination, main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the Subjects on the basis of Graduation.

So please prepare well for Preliminary examination and for more Information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in

Preliminary Examination Pattern :
---------------------------

1st January 2012, 07:31 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
aspirant need to satisfy certain basic qualification before applying for the the ips exam. The eligibility required are
1. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree from a recognised university.
2. The minimum age for applying for the exam is 21. And the general category aspirant can apply upto 30 years of age. The relaxation for bc and mbc is 3 years and they can appear upto 33 years of age. For sc and st aspirant the relaxation is 5 years.
The aspirants are limited in the number me attempts. The general category aspirant can give maximum of four attempts. Bc and mbc aspirant can attempt seven times. There is no restriction for sc and st aspirants.
The selection process involves common aptitude exam, main exam, physical test and personnel interview.
The first step in the preparation is that you need to prepare for the aptitude test. The paper tests your general awareness, english , general knowledge etc. After that you will be appearing in the main exam which consist of 9 paper. In which 5 papers are optional and you can choose as per your interest fields. At the same time you need to maintain physical fitness too. As many fail to qualify this round. Followed by personnel interview.
1st January 2012, 08:27 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S.,I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages.

* Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually
conducted in May)
* Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during
October/November)
* Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

How to Prepare ::

Here I have mentioned some points. Please read it very carefully :

* know all about the current events of national and international
importance.
* History of India and Indian national movement.
* Constitution of India.
* Make your English (spoken and written) very clear, clean and fluent.
* Must have to know about the - Indian Polity and governance -
constitution, political system, panchayatiraj, public policy, Rights issues,
etc.
* you have to know also : Economic and social development - sustainable
development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives
etc.
* General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate
change-that do not require subject specialization.
* General science.
* Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
* Decision making and problem solving
* General mental ability.

In the above I have mentioned all the required things which will help you a lot.

good luck.
1st January 2012, 08:31 PM
anlakshmi

Hi,

IPS stands for for Indian Police Services.

If you want to become a IPS officer,to apply for Civil Services Examination.

THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
-------------------------

The candidate must have to complete your 12th class from a recognised University.

The age limit in between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Pursuing final year of 12th class candidates also apply this Examination.

The Examination is conducted in TWO Stages:

->Preliminary Examination

->Main Examination

Preliminary Exam is objective type and the candidate must qualify the Preliminary Exam then the candidate eligible for Main Examination.

The Main Examination is descriptive type and the candidate have to choose the subjects on the basis of graduation.

For more information about this please visit the website : upsc.gov.in
29th April 2012, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

What are physical requirements to become an IPS officer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?