22nd September 2011, 09:15 PM
wilsonphelix.s

What is the eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer Exam? How to prepare for it?

Sir, I am a 4th year btech computer science student.i would like to prepare to become an income tax officer.Please guide me with necessary details including the eligibility criteria,qualifying examination and the way to prepare for that.

14th October 2011, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer Exam? How to prepare for it?

Sir, I am a 1st year student Doing b. com in hindi midum I wate to become Income Tax Officer Plz. help me What an i do ?
20th October 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer Exam? How to prepare for it?

sir i am sybcom student in maharaja sayajirao university my age is 18 years may i apply for the post of income tax officer and how i apply for this post
22nd October 2011, 03:54 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer Exam

* Candidates should apply for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Examination). After that you can join Income tax officer.
* Candidates should have age limit should be within 18 to 25 years
* Candidates should be Graduate from recognized university.
* You need to attend three exam Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, Interview.
* Exam subjects are General Intelligence,Arithmetical Ability. The examination is conducted once in a year.

Best wishes
22nd October 2011, 08:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonphelix.s View Post
Sir, I am a 4th year btech computer science student.i would like to prepare to become an income tax officer.Please guide me with necessary details including the eligibility criteria,qualifying examination and the way to prepare for that.
Dear friend,

After completion of your graduation you are eligible for Income Tax Officer exam.

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for INCOME TAX OFFICER exam.

To become Income Tax officer you have to pass the Civil Services Exam conducted by the Union Public.

Also your age should be in between 18 years to 25 years.
The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The examination is conduct two ways (i) Written examination (ii) Interview for Personality Test for such candidates as may qualify in the written test.

S. No. Test Marks Time (min)

1 General Intelligence 120
2 General English 80
3 Arithmetical Ability 80
4 General Awareness 120

Application form:For the next exam the application form will be available from first week of February 2012 at SSC official website at http://www.ssconline.nic.in

Thanks
10th November 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

is that any recrutment will become in this december-2012 for the this Income tax officer.
13th November 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

inform me about the basic salary of income tax officer
3rd December 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

is it must to give upsc exem ?
19th December 2011, 09:43 PM
reshu khandelwal

Question Re: What is the eligibility criteria for Income Tax Officer Exam? How to prepare for it?

respected sir,i m going 2 appear in ipcc xm group-1 in may-2012 nd also in b.com 1st yr xaminations in march-2012 nd i wnt 2 ask dat wat r eligibility criteria 2 becme an income tax officer?????
3rd January 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

i am ba from ignou.am i eligible for apply in income tax officer.
22nd January 2012, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

is it necessary that person shld have age limit. U specified above questin my age is 29?
27th January 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

which books available for SSC exam? Tell me, the name of the books?
2nd February 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a 2nd year btech computer science student.i would like to prepare to become an income tax officer.Please guide me with necessary details including the eligibility criteria,qualifying examination and the way to prepare for that
12th February 2012, 11:58 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonphelix.s View Post
HI,
After passing B.Tech you can join Income tax officer..

Income tax officer exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission(S.S.C)..

The age limit for this exam is 21-25 year.. After that you are not eligible for Income Tax officer..

GOOD LUCK!
2nd March 2012, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

After SSC exam, why, the candidate again seat on UPSC exam...? Is it necessary...?
4th April 2012, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Wat is d remuneration of income tax officers....?
21st April 2012, 03:28 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
The Income Tax officer exam is conducted by SSC(Staff Selection Commission).

Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

Final year of graduate students also eligible.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limits is 18years to 27years.

Selection procedure:
Writte test,
Personal interview.

For more details visit

www.ssconline.nic.in

All the best.
21st April 2012, 10:36 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Completion of your graduation you are applicable for income tax officer exam.

this exam is conducted by the ssc(staff selection commission) once in a year.To become income tax officer you have to pass the civil services exam conducted by the upsc.
the eligibility criteria:

1.candidate should complete graduation from a recognised university.

2.age limit is 18 years to 27years.

3. age relaxation for obc candidates 3 years,5 years for sc/st candidates.

selection procedure:

1.writtern exam

2.interview

syllabus:

1.general english

2.arithmetic

3.general awareness.

4.general intelligence.

To know more information regards this exam visit the official website www.ssconline.nic.in

best of luck...
24th April 2012, 11:49 PM
tyler_durdun

hi

Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer
INCOME TAX OFFICER exam is generally conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Its a great opportunity for you that your examination is going to be held in the month of April and notification generally come in February or march so well prepare for it..
1.)ELIGIBLITY
1.Qualification:
a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.
2.Age:
a:Your age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination
b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011
2.)Physical Standards (Minimum)
a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

good luck
24th April 2012, 11:58 PM
tyler_durdun

hi

Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer
INCOME TAX OFFICER exam is generally conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Its a great opportunity for you that your examination is going to be held in the month of April and notification generally come in February or march so well prepare for it..
1.)ELIGIBLITY
1.Qualification:
a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.
2.Age:
a:Your age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination
b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011
2.)Physical Standards (Minimum)
a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

good luck
29th October 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

What is the salary offered by the govt for a fresher and what are the facilities provided by the govt?
5th November 2013, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

after upsc examination what i can do ?
9th March 2015, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

distance ediuction degree will be valid for income tax ifficer exam.....distance education student can apply for this exam
12th June 2016, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i am a b.tech final year student,please tell me the eligibility criteria,question pattern and age limit for cracking the exam of Central Excise Officer???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?