19th April 2017, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Higher Secondary Teacher and College Lecturer? Which course should I pursue after completing BA?

Respected Sir, I have completed my Graduation with BA Literature and now I want to become a Higher Secondary Teacher or a College Lecturer so I want to know what is the eligibility criteria required to become a Higher Secondary Teacher and College Lecturer? Which course should I pursue after completing BA? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
19th April 2017, 07:01 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Higher Secondary Teacher and College Lecturer? Which course should I pursue after completing BA?

Being a BA ( Bachelor of Arts ) degree holder to be a teacher of higher secondary school you need to first pursue B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) degree course and then qualify CTET ( Central Teacher Eligibility Test )held by CBSE or state TETs held by concerned state board of education.

Further for becoming a college lecturer of a UGC approved university you need to pursue Master's degree with 55% aggregate ( 50% is case of SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) and then qualify NET ( National Eligibility Test ) held by CBSE.

For details about CTET you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in where as for details about NET you can refer to the link www.cbsenet.nic.in.
19th April 2017, 07:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to become a Higher Secondary Teacher and College Lecturer? Which course should I pursue after completing BA?

For recruitment as teacher in higher secondary school you have to appear and qualify in PGT entrance examination conducted by CBSE as CTET or STET.

The minimum required qualification to appear for PGT entrance examination is that candidate must have passed master's degree along with B.Ed from a recognised university.

For recruitment as lecturer in government colleges you have to appear and qualify in NET/SET entrance examination. For appearing in entrance examination required minimum qualification is master degree with minimum 55%.

So, as per your qualification you can appear for examination. You need to pursue minimum master degree course to appear for entrance examination.
19th April 2017, 08:21 PM
Srinivasaraovk
Member+

To be Higher Secondary Grade Teacher you need to complete 2 years B.Ed course. To be eligible for B.Ed entrance exam you need to pass your B.A degree with 50% marks. For SC/ST/BC & Physically Handicapped students it was only 40%. You should have minimum age of 19 years.

B.Ed entrance exam consists of 150 questions need
a to be answered in two hours of time. Exam pattern was given below:

Part A : General English : 25 questions - 25 marks
Part B : General Knowledge : 15 questions - 15 marks
Teaching aptitude : 10 questions - 10marks
Part C : Methodology: Candidate needs to select any subject on his own interest ( Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Biology, English)

To be a lecturer you need to do any PG course (MA, MBA etc). On this qualification you can apply directly to lecturer jobs or can complete B.Ed course and apply for the lecturer positions.
19th April 2017, 10:29 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

To get a job of higher secondary teacher or a college lecturer you need to pursue B.Ed and MA. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream with minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible to do B.Ed and for MA there is no any specific percentage criteria. After completion of these courses you have to give qualifying exams of teaching recruitment like CTET or UGC NET. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?