12th November 2016, 10:41 AM
goyat28

What is the minimum age required to apply for NDA exam?

Respected Sir, I am 18 years old now and I want to apply for NDA exam so I want to know that am I eligible to apply for NDA exam at this age? Please answer as soon as possible.

13th November 2016, 12:45 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age required to apply for NDA exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA I 2017 examination conducted by UPSC in April. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence services.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from recognised board and age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. Candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th November 2016, 01:10 PM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: What is the minimum age required to apply for NDA exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyat28 View Post
Respected Sir, I am 18 years old now and I want to apply for NDA exam so I want to know that am I eligible to apply for NDA exam at this age? Please answer as soon as possible.

Your age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 yeas, to apply for the NDA exam.

NDA stand for the National Defense Academy. The exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

You can apply after the 12th with science stream.

There are following eligibility to apply for the NDA exam.
^ you should have a 12th pass from recognized university with science stream.
^ You should be physically fit as well as mentally.
^ You should have Indian citizenship.
^ You should have good communication skills.
^ you should have good personality.
^ You should not suffer from any diseases.
Your age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

There are following process of NDA exam.

I. Written exam.
II. SSB interview.

After qualifying both stages, you will get the call letter from the UPSC.
If you meet the above eligibility then you can apply for the NDA exam.
13th November 2016, 05:26 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This exam conduct by UPSC for Indian Army, Air force and Navy every year.
NDA exam is held in month of April(NDA 1) and in September(NDA 2).

Candidate who want to apply for Indian Army must be pass class 12th from a recognized board. For Air force or Indian Navy, candidates must be 12th pass with Math and physics from recognized board.

Age Limit--

For NDA I 2016-- Candidates not born before 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2000.

For NDA II 2016-- Candidates not born before 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st July 2001.

There is no reservation in age allowed for SC/ST/OBC etc.

Candidate minimum height should be 157.5 cm and 162.5 cm for Air Force candidate.

Candidate’s selection process comprises of two phases-

1- Written Test
2- SSB Interview
13th November 2016, 05:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is an academy meant for providing necessary education and training to those who have managed to qualify NDA entrance examination and looking to be an commissioned officer in Indian defense sector.

--> NDA entrance examination is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview.

--> The minimum eligibility qualifications required for appearing in NDA entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried male candidate with the nationality of India

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education. But in order to join Indian Navy and Indian Air force your academics must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects.

* You must have the physical fitness as per the requirement mentioned in the notification table of same examination.

So being 18 years old candidate you are eligible for the same examination on the age criteria prospective but you must satisfy other basic requirements too.

For further details and updates regarding the same examination you can log on the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th November 2016, 05:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and it provides a better opportunities for candidates who are aspiring to join the defence service.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that the candidate must have passed or is pursuing 12th from a recognised board. The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5 -19.5 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination. The examination is conducted twice every year in month of April and September. Candidates after qualifying in written have to appear and qualify in SSB stage for final recruitment.
13th November 2016, 08:03 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NDA examination being a 18 years old candidate. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you should have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

=> You should be a citizen of India.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board.

=> You should be at least 16 1/2 years old and not more than 19 1/ 2 years.

=> You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

=> You should be Physically and Mentally healthy.
13th November 2016, 10:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyat28 View Post
Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?