17th June 2019, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for National Eligibility Test (NET)?

Sir, I have completed my MA and scored 47.45%. I am a female candidate. Now, can I apply for National Eligibility Test (NET)? If yes, then when and how to apply for it? When should I apply?

20th June 2019, 04:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for National Eligibility Test (NET)?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held twice every year by NTA (National Testing Agency) for the recruitment of Assistant Professor and JRFs across various recognised university.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in these examinations is a Master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Master's degree course (i.e; MA) with 47.45% marks, you are not eligible to apply for NET.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can visit its official link www.ntanet.nic.in.
20th June 2019, 04:43 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for National Eligibility Test (NET)?

What is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for National Eligibility Test (NET):-

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in masters degree or equivalent examination from University / institution recognised by UGC.
Candidates who belongs to Sc / St categories have to secured at least 50% marks in masters degree or equivalent examination.

Candidates age should not be more than 30 years and 5 years age relaxation is given to OBC / SC / St / PWD categories.

There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for assistant professor
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?