29th December 2015, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for national eligible test after completion of 54% in post graduation? What is the minimum percentage required to apply for the national eligibility test?

Am I eligible to apply for national eligible test after completion of 54% in post graduation? What is the minimum percentage required to apply for the national eligibility test? Can someone please provide me the official information on the same soon?

Thanks!

29th December 2015, 02:25 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for national eligible test after completion of 54% in post graduation? What is the minimum percentage required to apply for the national eligibility test?

No, you are not eligible to appear for UGC examination. NET examination is conducted by UGC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed master's degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 19-28 years for Junior Research Fellowship and no limitation in upper age limit for lecturer.

Candidate must have minimum 55% aggregate in master's degree.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.ugc.ac.in.
29th December 2015, 07:00 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for national eligible test after completion of 54% in post graduation? What is the minimum percentage required to apply for the national eligibility test?

No, you will not be eligible to apply for NET with 54% marks in post graduation degree .

NET stands for National Eligibility Test .

NET is an entrance examination conducted by UGC (university grant commission) at national level for the candidates who wishes to get teaching jobs in government university.

Eligibility criteria for NET are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with minimum 55% of marks.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The candidates appearing for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.

-Relaxation in age is also applicable for the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree upto a maximum of 5 years, on the condition they produce a certificate for that from appropriate authority.

-The candidates pursuing L.L.M. Degree are also eligible for three years’ relaxation in upper age limit for JRF.

Application Fee:

General category candidates: Rs 1000

OBC candidates –Non Creamy Layer: Rs 500

SC/ST/PWD/VH candidates: Rs 250
30th December 2015, 12:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for national eligible test after completion of 54% in post graduation? What is the minimum percentage required to apply for the national eligibility test? Can someone please provide me the official information on the same soon?

Thanks!
As per post graduation marks, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?