4th May 2012, 10:10 PM
kishan1994

Can I become a fighter pilot after completing Aeronautical Engineering in Indian Air Force?

can i become a fighter pilot after completing aeronautical engineering in indian air force??

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become a fighter pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a class 10th student
  2. What are the requirements of becoming a fighter pilot? How can I become one?
  3. Can I become a fighter pilot in India Air Force?
  4. How can I become a fighter pilot after 12th through NDA?
  5. Can I become a fighter pilot through NDA?
  6. Can a girl become a fighter pilot in IAF? What is the procedure to apply for it?
  7. What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked for joining as fighter pilot in Indian Air Force?
  8. How to be a fighter pilot after passing 9th in computer science subject? What is the procedure to become fighter pilot in Pak Air Force? What are the rules and fees?
  9. Can I become a fighter pilot in IAF through NDA after class 12th
  10. Passed 12th MCVC in Electrical Technology : Can I join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot?
  11. What are the requirements to join Indian Air Force as a fighter pilot? I have obtained 89.4% marks in 10th class
  12. Is it possible to be a Pilot after completing Bachelor in Engineering? Procedure to become a Pilot? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join? -- [New]
  14. Required Qualification to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  15. Can I be a Pilot in Indian Army or Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Aeronautical Engineering?
  16. What are the qualifications required to get into technical team on Indian Air Force to build fighter planes?
  17. Can I become a Pilot in Indian Air Force after completing graduation in B.Com
  18. How can I join Indian Air force as a Pilot?
7th May 2012, 12:26 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I become a fighter pilot after completing Aeronautical Engineering in Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishan1994 View Post
can i become a fighter pilot after completing aeronautical engineering in indian air force??
Yes you are eligible to apply for the Indian Air force as a fighter pilot after the completion of your engineering. There are 2 entry schemes through which you can join Indian Air force as an officer, these are AFACT and CDS. The complete detail of both of the entry scheme is given below:

Air force common admission Test(AFCAT)
This examination is conducted by the Indian Air force twice in a year for the selection of candidate as an officer in various branches of Indian Air force such as FLYING BRANCH, TECHNICAL BRANCH and GROUND DUTY BRANCH.

For the AFCAT examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
In technical branch only the engineering students are eligible. Pre final year students of engineering can apply through University entry scheme.

Age Limit

FLYING BRANCH
19-23 years

TECHNICAL BRANCH
18-28 years

GROUND DUTY BRANCH
20-23 years

COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAMINATION(CDSE)
CDS examination is conducted by the UPSC twice a year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Air force, Army and Navy.
For the CSD examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university.Candidates applying for the Indian Air force and Navy should have Physics and Maths at 10+2. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-23 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

For more information on CDS examination you can also visit at the below web site:
www.upsc.gov.in
7th May 2012, 12:49 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a fighter pilot after completing Aeronautical Engineering in Indian Air Force?

Yes you can become pilot in Indian Air Force after b.tech.
for this you will have to qualify the AFCAT exam.

ELIGIBLITY FOR DIFFERENT BRANCHES FOR AFCAT

Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)

1. Flying Branch:

Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 60% Marks from a recognized University or Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology of 4 years with 60% Marks. Candidates must be passed 12th Examination with Maths and Physics

Age Limit: Between 19 and 23 years as on 01/01/2013. Those candidates holding valid Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA will be relaxed in age upto 25 years

Physical Standard: (Male & Female) – Height – 162.5, with correlated weight Vision – 6/6 and 6/9

2. Technical Branch:

Qualifications: Degree Qualifications of 4 years from a recognized University for AE (L) and AE (M). Final year of 4 years Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor Technology from a recognized University for AE (L) and (M) UES-2013 Entry

Physical Standard: Height (Men) – 157.5 cms, (Women) – 152 cms with correlated weight

3. Ground Duty Branches

Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 60% Marks or PG Degree or equivalent diploma in any subject area with 50% Marks

Age: Between 20 to 23, 20 to 25, 20 to 26 and 20 to 27 years as on 01/01/2013 as per Qualifications

Physical Standard: Height (Men) – 157.5 cms, (Women) – 152 cms with correlated weight

Selection Procedure:

Eligible candidates who apply with proper details will be called for AFCAT. Candidates who qualify in this test will be called for further test which will be done in three stages,

Stage-I: Intelligence Test.
Stage-II: Psychological Test, Group Test and Interview.
Stage-III: Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

For more information you can visit:
www.upsc.gov.in
7th May 2012, 12:50 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a fighter pilot after completing Aeronautical Engineering in Indian Air Force?

Yes you can become pilot in Indian Air Force after b.tech.
for this you will have to qualify the AFCAT exam.

ELIGIBLITY FOR DIFFERENT BRANCHES FOR AFCAT

Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)

1. Flying Branch:

Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 60% Marks from a recognized University or Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology of 4 years with 60% Marks. Candidates must be passed 12th Examination with Maths and Physics

Age Limit: Between 19 and 23 years as on 01/01/2013. Those candidates holding valid Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA will be relaxed in age upto 25 years

Physical Standard: (Male & Female) – Height – 162.5, with correlated weight Vision – 6/6 and 6/9

2. Technical Branch:

Qualifications: Degree Qualifications of 4 years from a recognized University for AE (L) and AE (M). Final year of 4 years Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor Technology from a recognized University for AE (L) and (M) UES-2013 Entry

3. Ground Duty Branches

Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in any subject area with 60% Marks or PG Degree or equivalent diploma in any subject area with 50% Marks

Age: Between 20 to 23, 20 to 25, 20 to 26 and 20 to 27 years as on 01/01/2013 as per Qualifications

Selection Procedure:

Eligible candidates who apply with proper details will be called for AFCAT. Candidates who qualify in this test will be called for further test which will be done in three stages,

Stage-I: Intelligence Test.
Stage-II: Psychological Test, Group Test and Interview.
Stage-III: Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

For more information you can visit:
www.upsc.gov.in
17th May 2012, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Hello i am a Mechanical engineer with 3 yrs work experience. I would like to join IAF as a pilot, a flying position. I am not interested in ground duty. My age is 25 yrs 3 months as on 01/01/2012.
Am i eligible?
If yes then which exam will i have to appear for?
26th May 2012, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

How to join indian air force after aeronautical engineering
9th March 2013, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

im at 24 years .am i elligible to flying branch.my qualification is b-tech aeronatical .plz tel me
5th April 2018, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

If any other candidates as birth between 06-06-2000 they can't apply the flying branch
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?