9th June 2018, 07:19 PM
Hosalli

What is the minimum marks requirement for CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)?

I have completed my B.Com with 77% this year. Am I eligible for CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)? If yes, then let me know the detail procedure of application.

11th June 2018, 08:09 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum marks requirement for CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)?

Minimum Educational Qualification and Percentage required for CTET Exam:

In order to be eligible for CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test), you are required to meet the below mentioned criteria.

Minimum Percentage required - 50% marks in qualifying examination

Qualification generally varies from stage to stage, i.e., it is different for Primary Stage and it is different for Elementary Stage.

<> For Primary Stage:-
* You must have passed senior secondary with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of the 2 year diploma in elementary education

<> For Elementary Stage:-
* You should have passed Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2 year Diploma in Elementary education

As you are done with B.Com course alone, I can say that you may not be eligible. You may click on the below link for getting detailed information.

Click here for More Information
11th June 2018, 11:18 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum marks requirement for CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test)?

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria:

For paper I, is that candidate must have done Senior Secondary from a recognized with 50% marks and Diploma in Education.

For paper II, as academic qualification is Bachelor's degree in any stream with minimum 50% and Bachelor of Education also.

You can apply for CTET after Bachelor of Commerce but for paper I, you must have done Diploma in Education.

For more information, you can visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
11th June 2018, 09:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CTET refers to Central Teacher Eligibility Test and it is held by CBSE for recruitment of teachers in any government or private CBSE affiliated schools.

Having completed your B.Com degree with 77% marks you are not eligible to apply for CTET if you does not hold a professional teacher training courses such as D.Ed ( Diploma in Education ) for becoming a teacher upto Class V or B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) for becoming teacher upto Class VIII.

For more details regarding CTET and CTET eligibility conditions, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in .
I
14th June 2018, 10:24 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and the minimum education required for appearing in CTET are as here under :-

I) For CTET Paper 1 ( i.e; for becoming teacher upto Class V );

You are required to have completed your higher secondary school degree along with diploma in elementary education (D.El.Ed ) degree course with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

I) For CTET Paper 2 ( i.e; for becoming teacher of Class VI to Class VIII );

You are required to have completed your graduation degree in any discipline along with Bachelor of education (B.Ed ) degree course with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.

Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates in each degree course.

So, having completed your B.Com degree with 77% marks, you are eligible to apply for CTET only if you hold any teacher training degree such as B.Ed or D.El.Ed.

For more details regarding CTET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?