13th August 2018, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CTET if secured above 50% in Honours subject but below 50% in over all Graduation?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have completed my Graduation. But, I have secured less than 50% marks in my Graduation. I want to apply for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET). However, I have secured above 50% in my Honours subject. Please tell me whether I'm eligible to apply or not?

14th August 2018, 05:04 PM
Expert_answer

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CTET if secured above 50% in Honours subject but below 50% in over all Graduation?

You have to be appearing in final year or have completed your B.Ed or related diploma course in order to apply for CTET. Look at the attachment for detailed query
14th August 2018, 05:09 PM
Expert_answer

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CTET if secured above 50% in Honours subject but below 50% in over all Graduation?

You have to be appearing in final year or must have completed your B.Ed or related course to apply for CTET. Look at the attachment for detailed query.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ctet-Notification-2018.pdf(835.9 KB, 2 views)
14th August 2018, 07:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CTET is Central Teacher Eligibility Test. It is conducted by CBSE. The examination is conducted for recruitment of teacher in school.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have scored minimum 50%.So, you are not eligible to appear in examination as you have less than 50% in bachelor degree.
14th August 2018, 07:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CTET is Central Teacher Eligibility Test. You are not eligible to appear in examination.

The minimum required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with minimum 50%.

So, if you have aggregate less than 50% then you are not eligible to appear in CTET examination.
14th August 2018, 11:30 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and it is held by CBSE for recruitment of teachers in various government funded and private schools affiliated to CBSE.

The minimum education required for appearing in CTET Paper I examination is a higher secondary in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education while to apply for CTET Paper II examination the minimum education required is a bachelor degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. In each case an additional teacher training degree course such as B.Ed/D.Ed/D.El.Ed is required with a regular academic degree course. Also, the marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your graduation with less than 50% marks overall, you are eligible to apply for CTET if you belong to a reserved category candidate.

For more details regarding CTET eligibility conditions, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 08:23 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear in CTET examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in bachelor degree and have done diploma or bachelor in education.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination. To get more information visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 08:49 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

No , you are not eligible for CTET because you have less than 50% marks in your graduation. Those candidates who have completed graduation with at least 50% marks are eligible for CTET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?