21st September 2017, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Minimum eligibility criteria to apply for TET exam?

May I know who are the eligible candidates for writing TET Exam. And then what are the main qualification for writing TET Exam. And then one more the Hence I was completed my ug course of B. SC PHYSICAL EDUCATION HEALTH AND SPORTS in college of queen Mary's college in mylapore in chennai-4. Am I eligible for writing TET Exam??

23rd September 2017, 07:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum eligibility criteria to apply for TET exam?

TET refers to Teacher Eligibility Test and the same examination is held for recruitment of teachers in various government schools of India ( through State TET ) and CBSE affiliated schools (through CTET ).

State TETs are held by concerned state board of education for recruitment of teachers in schools managed by concerned state government where as CTET ( Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) is held by CBSE for recruitment of teachers in government aided schools affiliated to CBSE and other private schools.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in TET is a bachelor degree in any discipline along with a teacher training degree course ( such as D.El.Ed or B.Ed ) from a recognized institute.

So having B.Sc degree in Physical Education you are eligible for appearing in TET if you hold a teacher training degree also.

For more details regarding CTET you can visit www.ctet.nic.in where as for state TETs you can log on to their respective official links.
23rd September 2017, 08:53 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum eligibility criteria to apply for TET exam?

TET is Teacher Eligibility Test and is conducted for recruitment of candidates in government schools.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree and also have B.Ed qualification.

There is no limitation on age limit to appear in examination for CTET conducted by CBSE.

State government conducts entrance examination for recruitment of teacher in respective state.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?