16th August 2012, 12:22 PM
hrishabh bajpai

What is the minimum score required in GATE to get IIT or NIT?

what is minimum score in GATE to get IIT or NIT?...please tell me how much is it

25th March 2013, 03:06 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the minimum score required in GATE to get IIT or NIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishabh bajpai View Post
what is minimum score in GATE to get IIT or NIT?...please tell me how much is it
Hello dear,

Regarding about your cutoff marks, it depends on institutions to institutions, see for IITs they require a better GATE score as compared to Nits, there will be a huge competition for this.

As you can see the cutoff is inversely proportional to the amount of toughness of the paper, the more tougher the lesser will be the cut off, for this year 2013, it is average type.

In recent years we can see that many students under 700-750 ranks i.e. All India rank in GATE 2012 examination get call for admission at various Top institute from IITs easily.

From this year onwards, the format has changed and the new formula has been introduced,

So, if you want to get into NITs and IITs then try to get in the range of 600-700, then you are sure of getting one,there may also be interview in some IITs, where GATE score is given 70% weight age and remaining 30% weight age is for the written test / Interview.

Hope this helps, good luck!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?