5th December 2011, 06:14 PM
sushil kumar ips

What preparation I need to have for Civil Services having completed B.Com?

hi,,, sir this is sushil kumar i want to no about the after completion my b.com graduation i want to go for civil services, so wat kind of prepation i have to do sir plz give some ideas so i can prepare for that nd hw to compete the civil exams sir.

8th December 2011, 03:14 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What preparation I need to have for Civil Services having completed B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil kumar ips View Post
hi,,, sir this is sushil kumar i want to no about the after completion my b.com graduation i want to go for civil services, so wat kind of prepation i have to do sir plz give some ideas so i can prepare for that nd hw to compete the civil exams sir.
Hello friend,
Its really good to see that graduates like you are now a days very much interested in civil service.
Now, Before i tell you the way to prepare for the civil service exam, I would like to tell you about the format of the exam. The civil service exam comprise of both written rest and Interview. There will be two written exams which is divided as Civil Service Aptitude Test also known as CSAT and Main Exam.
In the CSAT, there are two compulsory papers based on general studies and general aptitude test.
To crack the first stage, i.e. CSAT, you will have to be very good in the following areas:
General Studies
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy
Data interpretation
English language comprehension skills

To do well in this stage of the exam, you mus do the following:
Follow the syllabus
Refer to previous years question papers
Enroll yourself to a good coaching center having good reputation in civil service preparation.
Give maximum time you can for the preparation of the exam.

Since, qualifying CSAT is mandatory to move on to the next level, you must prepare for it instead of preparing for both CSAT and the Main Exam.
8th December 2011, 07:41 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What preparation I need to have for Civil Services having completed B.Com?

The exam is carried out in two stages, preliminary exam and mains exam. First of all, you should collect details on the syllabus and pattern of the exam. Then based on the syllabus you can have self-study or can go for exam coaching classes. Referencing books will also help for exam preparation. Practicing previous questions and surfing internet for study materials will also help.
10th September 2012, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of Bcom final i want to do civil service so i want to know the best books by which i can prepare at home for first stage of civil service and qualify that exam?
11th September 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

what is the entrance exam for civil services do we have to write any group exam of this please sir give me complete information
5th December 2012, 06:27 PM
ashis.career

To crack the first stage, i.e. CSAT, you will have to be very good in the following areas:
General Studies
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy
Data interpretation
English language comprehension skills

To do well in this stage of the exam, you mus do the following:
Follow the syllabus
Refer to previous years question papers
Enroll yourself to a good coaching center having good reputation in civil service preparation.
Give maximum time you can for the preparation of the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?