21st August 2013, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

How can I go for civil services? I have completed my CA course

I have completed my CA course recently . I want to go for civil services , but I am very poor in general knowledge .. Hw much time it will take me to prepare for these exams ? I am really very confused and scared too .. As this is d most difficult course ? Please guide me something

28th August 2015, 07:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I go for civil services? I have completed my CA course

It is nothing to be get scared as if you will work hard nothing is impossible. Since you have completed your CA course you are eligible to appear for the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

As the eligibility for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-30 years and relaxation in the upper age limit for the reserved category.

There is also limitation on the number of attempts as it is maximum of 6 for the general category candidates.

Since it is essential to have the best knowledge of the General knowledge and the current affairs so from now if you will go through the English newspaper and the magzine upto the next year before appearing in the examination then you will not feel tough to clear the examination. So start going for it from today. As you have only one year left which is not much more to qualify in the examination.
30th August 2015, 06:57 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I go for civil services? I have completed my CA course

Hello friends.............
You need not Worry about the eligibility for Civil Exams, Because you are Eligible for Cavils..
Civil Service Exams conducted by UPSC every year..

A candidate can appear for the Civil Service Exams only if :-

>> The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years, 3 years and 5 years of age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively..

>> The candidates must have completed their graduation from a recognized University in any stream..

>> General candidates have a maximum of 4 attempts..OBC have 7 and SC/ST have no limit..

You will be facing 3 rounds in order to get selected :-

>> Prelims
>> Mains
>> Final Interview

The Prelims shall consist of 2 objective papers which will test your general awareness and aptitude..

Mains which consists of 9 subjective papers will test you on your graduation knowledge as well as English and Essay Writing..

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for more info on the exams..

All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?