27th November 2011, 11:26 PM
Kumar rr

What is the procedure to study engineering in Tamilnadu?

Dear Sir,
i am native of pondicherry,my daughter is writting her +2 exam this year ,she wants to study engineering in tamilnadu. please clarify what is the procedure for the same?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study engineering in Tamilnadu after passing 12th from Pondicherry?
  2. How much marks are required to study Textile/Designer engineering? Which are the good colleges in Tamilnadu?
  3. How should I study CA after completing 12th computer science? Are there any colleges to study CA in tamilnadu?
  4. How to get admission in Tamilnadu engineering college
  5. How to study B.Ed after passing engineering? Is there any institute recognized by Tamilnadu government
  6. List of colleges providing M.E Automobile Engineering in Tamilnadu?
  7. List of colleges offering M.E in Automobile Engineering in Tamilnadu?
  8. What is the procedure followed to do higher study in correspondence mode? -- [New]
  9. List of colleges available for Automobile Engineering in Tamilnadu?
  10. Which college will I get after scoring a cutoff of 35.25 in TANCET?
  11. Procedure for engineering admission in Tamilnadu for AP student?
  12. List of companies offering internship in Tamilnadu for BE(mechanical engineering) students?
  13. List of colleges available in M.E Automobile Engineering under Tamilnadu?
  14. Genetic Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Company offering internship in Tamil Nadu for Mechanical engineering? Procedure of getting sponsorship?
  16. Which university is the best to study Automotive Engineering? Procedure for the same? I am doing 2nd year mechanical engineering in Chennai
  17. List of best engineering colleges for studying B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering at Tamilnadu and Puducherry state?
  18. How to get a job in government engineering colleges in Tamilnadu? Procedure to apply for them?
18th July 2012, 11:49 AM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Talking Re: What is the procedure to study engineering in Tamilnadu?

Hi !!

To study Engineering in Tamil Nadu, You can give various exams like

~AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination)
~TANCET ( Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test)

If your daughter gets above 60% in +2 then she will be eligible for both the exams.

TANCET
Testing Areas

The test is split into 5 sections. Each section comprises 20 questions. Each question is an objective type multiple choice questions with 5 answer choices. The 5 sections are as given below

~Business situation analysis
~Reading comprehension
~Quantitative Section
~Data sufficiency
~Verbal ability

TANCET question paper format :-
The Question Paper will have 100 objective type questions. Each question will be followed by four alternate answers. The Candidate has to choose the correct answer and shade the appropriate circle against the question in the answer sheet with pencil/ ball point pen (black or blue).

Duration of the Test:

2 HOURS

Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark and 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Multiple shadings will be considered as wrong answer and 1/3 mark will be deducted. Marks will not be deducted for the questions left unanswered.

You can fill up the form and appear for the test, according to the rank secured , you will get a college through counselling

AIEEE
In AIEEE, PCM are the main subjects, and +4 is awarded for every correct answer and -1 for every wrong answer.

For further details and updates visit official website

TANCET http://www.annauniv.edu

AIEEE http://www.aieee.nic.in

All the best..!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?