21st June 2011, 12:59 AM
priyaranjan.maral

What is the procedure for taking admission in Ph.D in Europe? I have got 6.7/9.0 in M.Sc

hello Sir,
Hello sir,
I m veer from uttar pradesh, India. i have completed my MSc program in cognitive science and now i want to do phd in cognitive disorders/ psychology. so i dont know what is the procedure or what are the requirements for admission in germany / europe. i heard from someone that there is no need of GRE and TOEFL scores in these countries. please suggest me something , i got 6.7/9.0 in my MSc. i know my GPA is low but is their any chance for me to get admission in these countries with low GPA.
if there is no way to get admission in these countries with this low GPA then what should i do in order to get admission .can u suggest me some alternative option

9th October 2015, 08:57 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the procedure for taking admission in Ph.D in Europe? I have got 6.7/9.0 in M.Sc

You have to choose PhD. in cognitive disorders or cognitive organization, since you have done your master degree in cognitive science. Well, people are mostly correct that you don't need GRE for studying PhD. in European countries. What you need is a good idea. What I mean is, you would have to develop a proposal as to which is the domain you would want to work upon, if and when you join PhD. under a proper university. You have to develop the proposal really well. Now after you create an idea for your PhD. work, you have to submit it in the prescribed format to the respective European university. You need to choose the mentor from that university. You have to address your application to that mentor. If your would be mentor is convinced about your proposal and if you are able to convince him even more when you go there for a personal interview, then you would be selected for the course in that university, under your chosen mentor. Now the question is that where from will you get the website of the university or any contact address of your mentor. There is a good platform for choosing European university to do research and that is Euraxess. You need to go to the official website of Euraxess, and you will see a lot of universities putting up their advertisements of vacancies in PhD. courses. You can select your university from there and apply as I mentioned. In parallel it would be good if you also obtain a TOEFL score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?