3rd September 2013, 07:42 PM
Debasis nayak80

What is the qualification for IRS?

Want to know about IRS exam.when this exam held & qualification required for IRS.Whether there are any relaxation for CA students continuing final course?

9th June 2014, 07:47 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the qualification for IRS?

IRS i.e Indian Revenue Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. To join IRS you need to crack the Civil Service Examination. Civil Service Examination is all India level competitive examination in India.

Eligibility Criteria :-
  • The Candidate should have completed degree course from a recognized University.
  • The Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as 1st August of the year of Examination.
  • The Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms.
  • A maximum of three years for OBC candidates.
  • A maximum of five years for candidates belongs to be a SC/ST.
  • Six attempts for General category candidates.
  • Nine attempts for OBC category candidates.
  • No limits for SC/ST candidates.

2014 Civil Service Examination notification has been already released. Last Date for receipt of application was already closed on 31st June 2014. Next Exam notification will be published in the month of February or March in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment News paper. The Application forms will only be accepted online mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?