10th December 2011, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

Required Percentage in Graduation to be eligible for IAS or IRS?

Hii..I am a b com holder and now i am persuing my MBA and i want to apply for IAS or IRS Examinations. Please guide me with full details for both exams and i want to know that is their any % required in graduation for eligibility for IAS or IRS ??

Please reply as soon as possible

Thanks

10th December 2011, 01:28 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Percentage in Graduation to be eligible for IAS or IRS?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service where as IRS stands for Indian Revenue Service.

Both these are civil servicese. UPSC is going to conduct civil services examination every year through which candidates can join in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS.

In order to be eligible for civil services exam, one should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university. There will be no percentage criteria at all in Graduation in order to be eligible for this exam for the candidates of any category.

In addition, the candidates who are in the final year of Graduation can also appear for this exam.

The selecction procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

If you are interested, you can appear for this exam. The upcoming civil services exam is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012.

For more information on this exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
10th December 2011, 01:39 PM
surekha_katreddy

Thumbs up Re: Required Percentage in Graduation to be eligible for IAS or IRS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hii..I am a b com holder and now i am persuing my MBA and i want to apply for IAS or IRS Examinations. Please guide me with full details for both exams and i want to know that is their any % required in graduation for eligibility for IAS or IRS ??

Thanks
The eligibility criteria for civil services exam:
there is a age relaxation of 3 years for OBC category and 5 years for SC/ST category

educational qualification:
Degree from any recognized university . Even the candidates of final year graduation can appear for the exam.There is no percentage criterion for the exam.

The UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION takes the responsibility of conducting the exam.The exam has two phases:
PRELIMS and MAINS

To appear for the mains you need to qualify the prelims(must).

for further details visit:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th December 2011, 01:46 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Required Percentage in Graduation to be eligible for IAS or IRS?

Quote:

Thanks

No any percentage criteria is specified by the upsc as far as IAS/IRS examination is concerned .So don't waste your time in thinking for your marks.The eligibility criteria are given below :
  • Educational Qualification- Graduation with any Stream
  • AGE Criteria:
    • General Category - 21 to 30 years
    • OBC- 21 to 33 years .Means 3 years age relaxation
    • SC/ST- 21 to 35 years .Means 5 years of age relaxation
  • Number of Permissible Attempts :
    • General - 4
    • OBC- 7
    • SC/ST - Unlimited upto the age of 35 years

For more details about latest updates , please visit the official website-http://www.upsc.nic.in . you can also get all these details in Employement News .

With Regards
ravik1214
10th December 2011, 01:55 PM
Sanwariya

Hi!!

It is nice step towards your future career..

IAS or IRS are the civil-service exam conducted by UPSC..

Eligibilty criteria :

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification

Three rounds :
1. CSAT
2. Mains Exams
3. Interview..

Now, I think you got what am I trying to say..

For more visit http://www.upse.gov.in/

Regards,
10th December 2011, 02:10 PM
krishnamurariray3165

Hello friend
IAS Indian Administrative Service
IRS Indian Administrative Service
Both these are civil services exam by which candidate will join IAS , IPS , IRS
-these exams are conduct by the UPSC
-you must have to be graduate in appearing these exam from any stream
-there is no restriction for the percentage in the graduation
-the candidates who are in the final year of Graduation can also appear for this exam.
-the age group of 21-30 years in order to be eligible for this exam.
The selection procedure will be by
-Interview
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category

for more information about this exam please visit

with regard
krishnamurariray3165
10th December 2011, 05:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
10th December 2011, 06:28 PM
Nana Sambhaji Mane

Quote:

Thanks
No. There is no percentage limit required in graduation for eligibile for IAS or IRS.
But, You MUST passed in your Graduation.
And you must have the certificate of your graduation completion.
10th December 2011, 08:35 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
indian administrative service is field where many aspirants wish to join. The admission to which is conducted by the union public service commission. The eligibility for appear in the exam includes
1. The aspirant should have completed their bachelor degree from a recognised university
2. The percentage of mark required in the degree course is 50%.
Those aspirant with the above qualification are eligible. The additional requirement are
2. The minimum age for appearing is 21.
3. The aspirant can apply upto a maximum age of 30. While bc and mbc aspirant can apply upto 33. Sc and st aspirant can make application upto a age of 35.
The eligible aspirant can make 4 attempt in the case of general category, 7 attempt for bc and mbc aspirant. There is no restriction no the number for sc and st aspirant.
The selection procedure for the aspirant involves
common aptitude test.
Main exam followed by physical exam for ips only and personnel interview.
10th December 2011, 09:04 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks

No,there is no percentage bar required for this examination.

This examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year and this examination can be divided into three parts :- 1)Preliminary examination 2)Main examination 3)Interview.

Eligibility Criteria for this examination :-

The applicant's must hold bachelor degree in any desire subject from a recognized university or equivalent qualification and this is one of the prestigious examination in government of India.candidates who are studying in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination but pre-final year candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.

Any eligible candidate can apply for this examination and there is no restrictionslike engineering,medicine,commerce,arts,science....etc. Any candidate can apply for this examination.There is heavy competition in this examination,every year large of no.of candidates are apply for this examination.

candidates who are aim to appear for this examination,the candidate need to complete any graduate degree from a recognized or equivalent qualification.The candidate age should between 21 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination.If you are completed graduate degree but your age is not 21 years and then you are not eligible to apply for this examination.So,if age limits and graduation satisfy the eligibility criteria then apply for this examination.

Syllabus for preliminary examination :- History of India,Current events,Indian of world,Indian Polity,Economics and Government of India,General Issues,General Science,Decision making,Logical reasoning,Problem Solving.

Syllabus for Main examination :- Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry,Botany,History,Civil Engineering,Mechanical engineering,Management,Sociology.....etc.

More details,Visit the official website ;- www.upsc.gov.in
10th December 2011, 09:56 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Required Percentage in Graduation to be eligible for IAS or IRS?

Quote:

Thanks

Eligibility For Becoming an IAS Officer

In order to become an IAS (Indian Administrative Officer) a candidate must clear the Civil Services Exam which is conducted every year by the UPSC in 2 rounds..

For appearing in the Preliminary round of the Civil Services exam..a candidate must satisfy the following minimum conditions :-

1) You should be a graduate or a final year graduation student from a recognized University..

2) You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permitted for the general candidates is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

The Preliminary round shall test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude skills whereas the Mains shall test your knowledge of your graduation subjects..

The forms for the next Civil Services Exam shall be available from 4th February,2012 and the last date for form submission is 5th March,2012..

the Prelims shall be conducted on 20th May,2012 and the Mains shall be conducted on 5th October,2012..

If you clear both the Prelims and the Mains then you will be eligible for the final interview round..

the results shall be declared just 2 weeks before the next Prelims..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
10th December 2011, 10:00 PM
tejesh_09

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE and IRS stands for INDIAN REVENUE SERVICE the selection of which is through Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC.

There is no particular percentage of marks required to appear for this exam. One should be an Indian citizen having graduation degree in any stream within the age group of 21 to 30 years of age can apply for the Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

Preliminary exam
Main exam
Personal Interview

For further information you may log on to the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
10th December 2011, 10:24 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

Paper pattern has changed in IAS 2011 exam.

Paper Pattern for IAS 2011 exam :-
Unlike present,now there are two objective type papers carrying equal marks, in which
1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks
2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.
Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.

For more latest update on IAS 2011 visit : http://www.iasexam2011.in/.

Recommended books to prepare for IAS Preliminary Exam

10th December 2011, 11:22 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:

Thanks
Dear Friend,
The selection of IAS officer or the IRS officer is done through the Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted by the UPSC every year.
The educational qualification required to appear in the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate should has passed Graduation from a govt. recognized institute in any stream.
The age limit criteria for the examination is that the candidate should be between the age of 21 years to 30 years.

As you have completed B.Com you are quite eligible to apply for the civil Service examination.

Best Wishes....
11th December 2011, 12:32 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for IAS exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate must not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.There is no such percentage criteria mentioned...

4.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

5.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

So, no such percentage aggregate is required in eligibility criteria.
You just have to complete the graduation.

All the best.
11th December 2011, 05:54 PM
co-rocks

there is a age relaxation of 3 years for OBC category and 5 years for SC/ST category

Degree from any recognized university . Even the candidates of final year graduation can appear for the exam.There is no percentage criterion for the exam.

The UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION takes the responsibility of conducting the exam.The exam has two phases:
PRELIMS and MAINS

thanks
11th December 2011, 07:48 PM
saravanan ravi

Arrow Re: Required Percentage in Graduation to be eligible for IAS or IRS?

Hi Dear, There will be nothing Percentage Requirement for IAS or IRS Examination's. Only The Examiner must have completed their Degree courses i,e. (B.com, BBA,B.A, B.E, B.Tech, Etc..) it's enough for Entrance Examination, better You can prefer Previous model question papers & More General Knowledge books, Aptitudes (more Practice's to be carried out) then You can Easily will get good Result. Best of Luck... Make a Confident in your Ambition Impossible things also can be Possible with the help of Education and Career Forum...
11th December 2011, 07:51 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear......
This exam is organized by UPSC every year .
The minimum qualification for this exam is graduate degree from any stream.
The details are as follows.........

for more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck..........
12th December 2011, 08:06 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks
HI,
If you want to become I.A.S officer you have to pass the graduation from any stream you want.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

>pass the graduation from recognized university.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Number of attempts:-
For open category:- 4
For ST/SC category:-7
> Must be citizen of India.

GOOD LUCK!
13th December 2011, 12:38 AM
thedonisback.2011
Banned

HI dear,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service where as IRS stands for Indian Revenue Service.

Both these are civil servicese. UPSC is going to conduct civil services examination every year through which candidates can join in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS.

In order to be eligible for civil services exam, one should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university. There will be no percentage criteria at all in Graduation in order to be eligible for this exam for the candidates of any category.

In addition, the candidates who are in the final year of Graduation can also appear for this exam.

-Interview.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

If you are interested, you can appear for this exam. The upcoming civil services exam is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012.

For more information on this exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,

Thanks
17th March 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Hi can any one suggest me how to prepare for IRS exam
what about Syllabus for Main examination and
what are the books that to be preferred
and the process of apply
5th July 2012, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

i am mechanical engineer which optional subject will be more scoree
31st July 2012, 09:34 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

PRELIMS and MAINS

31st July 2012, 09:36 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

-IAS
-IPS
-IRS.

-Interview.

26th August 2012, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Planning for my child to enter in ias exam what type of study provided to him in future to himfto enter in ias/ips
10th December 2012, 10:43 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

There is no specific percentage of marks that you should have in Graduation in order to be eligible for the IAS or IRS examination.

This is because as per the required educational qualification criteria set by the Union Public Service Commission is just pass in Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

There is no existence of the percentage bar in graduation.

So , you need not to worry about the percentage , if you hold a Bachelor`s Degree in any stream and fulfill the other required criteria too , then you are definitely eligible for the exams mentioned above.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th December 2012, 05:43 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.......

there is no percentage required for become a IAS officer,

but, you can must satisfy some eligibility which is required for IAS i.e.

Educational Qualification

Age Limit

Nationality

Physical Standards etc.......

aspirants first crack the Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones..

Required Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualifications

>> Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

>> Final year appeared students also eligible for this examination

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

>> Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates, age relaxation available for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per government rules

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

Nationality

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

If you satisfy above all eligibility criteria then you are eligible for Civil Examination

Selection Procedure

Preliminary Examination

Mains Examination

Interview Test

No.of Attempts

maximum 4 attempts for General candidates

maximum 7 attempts for OBC candidates

no limit for SC/ST candidates

ALL THE BEST
15th December 2012, 07:30 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

To eligible for the IAS exam you can not have any minimum percentage.

But you can satisfy the Below criteria.

Nationality:

Your can have the indian citizenship.

Educational Qualification:

You should have pass the bachelor degree from any recognized university with any stream.
No minimum percentage required for this exam. Final year candidates are also eligible.

Age limit:

Candidate minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years. The candidate have the upper age relaxation for other categories. 3 years age relaxation for the obc and 5 years age relaxation for the sc/st candidates. 10 years age relaxation for physical handicapped candidates.

No of attempts:

4 attempts required for the general category. And 7 attempts for the obc category. And no limit of attempts required for the sc/st categories.

Candidates both male and female are eligible to become IAS Officer.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview

for more details

All the best.
15th December 2012, 08:50 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hello friend

There is no percentage required for to become an IAS officer

This exam is conducted by UPSC once a year

Required qualification for this exam is graduation from a recognized university of india

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

candidate should be citizen of india

Degree holders are eligible

Age limit for this exam is 21-30 years

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Selection Procedure:

Preliminary exam

main exam

Interview

for more information visit the website: www.upsc.gov.in

all the best........
7th January 2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

how i can get admission for IRS Exam
22nd March 2013, 11:19 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:

Thanks
There in no criteria for marks in graduation to be eligible for the exam as the only criteria is:

*You have done your graduation from recognized university.

*Age limit 21-30 yrs..

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
5th August 2013, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i am a chartered accountant,is there exemption of any paper in civil service
5th August 2013, 11:52 PM
chikkykranthi619

ANS:Basically there is no percentage criteria for the IAS or IRS(civils) but it will be better and candidate will be in the positive if the candidate have the percentage above 60%. But having 60% is not mandatory.
Both the IAS and IRS have only exam and every year there will be the exam and candidate has limit on the number of attempts if he is general candidate bu if he has reservation then number of attempts will be more than general candidates.

For more details regarding civils visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in/
6th August 2013, 05:35 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no requirement of any percentage of marks criteria in Graduation to be eligible for IAS and IRS.

To become an IAS/IRS, one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate, can apply for IAS/IRS Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th September 2013, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am Graduate in 2013 but after 2 years i given to final year Exam.So can i eligible for Upsc Exam.
14th February 2014, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

PASSING MARKS AND PAPER STYLE OF PRELIMINARY AND MAIN EXAMINATION OF IRS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?