28th February 2017, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

What is the qualification required for pursuing MBBS? How much time will it take to complete MBBS?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue my career in MBBS so I want to know what is the qualification required for pursuing MBBS? How much time will it take toa complete MBBS? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission for MBBS after MSc Biotech?
  2. How can I get admission for pursuing MBBS in a Government college? What is the qualification criteria required for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the total expense for pursuing MBBS? Can I get a Scholarship for pursuing MBBS?
  4. MBBS course after completing B.Sc in Nursing from abroad? Duration and fee of MBBS course in India? What are the exams to be written to join MBBS course?
  5. Basic qualification, age limits and training requirement for MBBS?
  6. In how many years can I complete MBBS? What is the minimum marks required to qualify MBBS?
  7. Scholarship for pursuing MBBS under Gujarat University?
  8. How to become a Doctor? I have passed 10th board exam
  9. What is the qualification required to study MBBS in abroad?
  10. Can I study MBBS after completing B.Sc(Nursing) in Abroad? Course duration and total cost of MBBS in Abroad?
  11. Can I do MBBS at regular or part time level after completing BE?
  12. How can I get admission into MBBS? I am 42 years old
  13. Will there be any course in Post Graduation related to Engineering being a candidate of pursuing MBBS?
  14. Details of Fees structure and accommodation expenses for doing MBBS in abroad? Is it worth doing MBBS course in abroad?
  15. Is it beneficial to study MBBS in Ukraine? Scope of pursuing MBBS there?
  16. Which competitive exam to give in Mumbai for MBBS? Scholarship for OBC?
  17. Possibility to do MBBS in Katihar Medical College for free?
  18. How to do PhD after completing MBBS? Should I complete my M.D to enter Ph.D? Institutions providing Ph.D for MBBS course? -- [Most Discussed]
2nd March 2017, 07:02 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification required for pursuing MBBS? How much time will it take to complete MBBS?

To be eligible to pursue MBBS course, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognized board. To get admission in MBBS course, you have to appear in National or State or University level medical entrance examinations like NEET, AIIMS, COMEDK, EAMCET, etc.,. If you qualify and secure top rank in medical entrance examination then, you can get a seat for pursuing MBBS course. It nearly takes around 5.5 years to complete the MBBS course.
2nd March 2017, 11:00 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the qualification required for pursuing MBBS? How much time will it take to complete MBBS?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of basically five and a half years including one year of internship one heads towards becoming a doctor.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing the same course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

Further for pursuing the same degree from any government medical college of India you will need to qualify entrance examination like NEET and AIIMS MBBS entrance examination and for details about these examination you visit the link www.cbseneet.nic.in and www.aiimsexams.org respectively.
2nd March 2017, 07:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of surgery and as the name suggests same is a bachelor degree course after completing which one heads towards becoming a doctor.

The basic educational qualification required for pursuing the same course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board of examination.

Further for pursuing the same course from any medical college across India you will need to qualify either NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) or AIIMS MBBS Entrance examination.

Also as far as you are concerned about the duration of same course then it is five and a half years which includes one year of internship.

Further for queries regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in where as that regarding AIIMS MBBS entrance examination you can visit www.aiimsexams.org.
4th March 2017, 11:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to pursue my career in MBBS so I want to know what is the qualification required for pursuing MBBS? How much time will it take toa complete MBBS? Please answer as soon as possible.
Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for MBBS entrance exam, but your 12th standard subject should be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.

MBBS course duration is 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?