28th October 2016, 01:33 PM
maharana manisha

How can I get admission for pursuing MBBS in a Government college? What is the qualification criteria required for the same?

Respected Sir, I want to pursue MBBS from a Government college so can you tell me how can I get admission for pursuing MBBS in a Government college? Also tell me the qualification required for the admission.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification criteria required for pursuing Master of Fine Arts from Government College of Chennai?
  2. How many government MBBS colleges exist in Gujarat? How much percentage is required to get admission in MBBS in Gujarat government college for ST category? Can we get the form online? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the qualification required for pursuing MBBS? How much time will it take to complete MBBS? -- [New]
  4. Procedure and eligibility criteria to get admission in government medical college in MBBS in Gujarat? How much percentage is required to get admission in class 12th?
  5. Which are the government colleges of MBBS in Mumbai? What is the total cost of studies including fee structure? Criteria for admission in MBBS?
  6. Procedure and eligibility criteria to get admission in Government Medical College in MBBS in Gujarat? Percentage required for admission in class 12th?
  7. What marks required in 12th board exam to get admission for MBBS?
  8. Eligibility criteria to get admission in MBBS course in any Government Medical college?
  9. Admission in government MBBS college with scholarship for a candidate who have secure 315 marks in MH-CET? Minimum marks required in 12th for admission in MBBS?
  10. What is the minimum marks required in Polytechnic Mechanical engineering to get admission in Government college for pursuing BE?
  11. What is the criteria followed for getting a goverment job after B.E?
  12. What basic qualification is required to become a Government Lecturer?
  13. How can I get admission in Dharwad University for pursuing B.Sc Agriculture? What is the qualification criteria required and what is the fee structure of the course?
  14. How can I get admission in Sound Engineering? What is the qualification criteria required and what is the procedure?
  15. Cutoff list of MBBS? How much score is required in CET to get admission in government college
  16. Eligibility criteria for admission in St. Xaviers college for Astrophysics
  17. How can I get admission in government medical college for MBBS through government college in Srinagar
  18. How can I get admission in Government Marine Engineering colleges? What is the qualification required and what is the fee structure?
31st October 2016, 12:31 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I get admission for pursuing MBBS in a Government college? What is the qualification criteria required for the same?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is five year duration course from a recognised university.

The admission in course is offered after qualifying in NEET conducted by CBSE. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 from a recognised board.

Candidate must have minimum 50% in PCB with English as main paper.

The age limit is 17-25 years and relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

If, you want to get admission in AIIMS then you have to appear for entrance conducted by AIIMS as MBBS.
31st October 2016, 12:39 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I get admission for pursuing MBBS in a Government college? What is the qualification criteria required for the same?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is a bachelor degree course of 4 and a half years ( excluding internship ) after pursuing which one heads towards becoming a doctor.

For taking admission in the same course in any government college of India you need to appear and qualify NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) held by CBSE once every year. Also for appearing in the same examination the minimum eligibility criteria are as following :-

a) You must have the citizenship of India.

b) You must have completed your Class 12th in science stream with PCB group with at least 50% aggregate in the same from a recognized board of examination. Marks relaxation of 10% is applicable for reserved category candidates in qualification marks.

c) Your age must lie within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you will appear in the same examination. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for reserved category candidates.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to its official link www.aipmt.nic.in.
31st October 2016, 02:28 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The admission in government and private medical colleges for admission in MBBS course is offered only after qualifying in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test conducted by CBSE every year.

The required qualification to appear for NEET examination is :-

Candidate with medical stream ( PCB ) appearing or passed 12th from recognised board.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in PCB.

The candidates after qualifying in the examination are eligible for counselling and admission in the colleges are offered on the basis of rank in the examination.

To get syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
31st October 2016, 04:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To pursue MBBS course from government college, you will have to write National Eligibility cum Entrance test. NEET is medical entrance examination for MBBS and BDS course. The eligibility criteria for NEET is:

*Academic qualification: Senior secondary from a recognized board of India with minimum of 50% marks in board exam.

*You must attain minimum age of 17 years on 31st December of year of examination.

*Your subjects in 10+2 must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
31st October 2016, 04:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Qualification required to get admission in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery:

1. The qualification is 10+2 passed from a recognized board in science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. You should have passed board exam with 50% marks or more not less than that.

2. Age of candidate should be minimum of 17 years and maximum of 25 years on 31st December of exam.

Examination to crack: National Eligibility cum Entrance test.

You can apply for coming exam in 2017 and crack the entrance exam to get admission in MBBS in government college.
31st October 2016, 05:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree of five and a half year including one year of internship after pursuing which one heads towards becoming a doctor.

--> Now as far as you are concerned about getting admission in the same course in any government medical college of India then for that you will have to qualify NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) held by CBSE once every year. Also the minimum qualifications which you must possess for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Further age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects with at least 50% aggregate ( in case of reserved category candidates 40% ) from a recognized board of education.

--> Apart from NEET, you can also appear in AIIMS MBBS entrance examination for admission in MBBS degree in any of the AIIMS ( All India Institute of Medical Science ). Also for this examination the minimum requirement same as that for NEET except for this examination marks in Class 12th must be at least 60%.

For further details regarding NEET you can visit the link www.aipmt.nic.in where as for AIIMS MBBS entrance examination you can log on to the link www.aiimsexam.org.in.
31st October 2016, 07:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is single entrance examination for admission in all MBBS and BDS colleges of India either it is government college or private medical college. Candidate who want to study MBBS course from any government or medical college has to appear for NEET examination and secure a good rank in this examination.

The eligibility criteria for NEET examination is that candidate must have pursued 10+2 in science stream. Your subjects in science stream must contain Biology as compulsory subject. The minimum percentage of marks required to apply for NEET exam is 50%. Your age on 31st December of year of examination should be at least 17 years.

NEET is of 720 marks. It contains 180 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology. To get admission in any government medical college, you should score at least 510 marks or more.
11th June 2017, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

I got 65 marks in English, 39 in Chemistry, 39 in Physics, 53 in Biology, is there any chance for me to do MBBS course. Please email me [email protected]. Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?