27th August 2013, 06:23 PM
dikaj sharma

What is the requirement to do MSc in Maths?

sir, i am in 3rd maths hons. now i want do m.sc in maths so, what are the requirement and how much i have to score in my overall.

28th August 2013, 10:28 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the requirement to do MSc in Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikaj sharma View Post
sir, i am in 3rd maths hons. now i want do m.sc in maths so, what are the requirement and how much i have to score in my overall.
M.sc Mathematics is a 2 year's Post Graduation course.Total duration of this course will be 2 years.Total number of semester will be 04 and each semester will be of 06 months.Eligibility criteria which is to be fulfilled for taking admission in M.sc Mathematics course is as follows :-

Educational qualification :-
  • Candidates who have completed their B.A course with Mathematics Honors will be eligible to take admission in M.sc Mathematics course.
  • Candidates who have Completed their B.sc(Hons) in Mathematics with Physics/Chemistry as one of the subject will be eligible to take admission in M.sc Mathematics course.
Marks required :-
  • Candidates who have completed their Bachelor degree course with arts stream should have a minimum of 75% marks in Mathematics Paper.
  • Candidates whop have completed their bachelor degree course with Mathematics Honors Paper should have a minimum of 65% marks in Bachelor degree course.
Selection Process :-
  1. General Ability Test.
  2. Subjective Test.
General Ability Test will have 100 objective type questions.Total duration for this section will be 01 hour.Total marks for this section will be 100 and total number of questions will be 50.Questions under this section will be from :
  • English Language.
  • General Awareness.
  • General Reasoning.
Subjective Test will include questions from Mathematics paper and total marks for this paper will be 200.Total number of questions will be 100.Total duration for this section will be 2 hour and 30 minutes.Questions under this section will be from :
  • Real Analysis.
  • Algebra.
  • Applied Mathematics.
The qualifying marks in the entrance test for a candidate belonging to General and OBC category will be 45%.A relaxation of 5% will be given to the candidates belonging to SC and ST category.
29th August 2013, 12:37 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the requirement to do MSc in Maths?

Hi friend.........

Eligibility of M.Sc. Maths:

Candidate should be complete the Bachelor degree from any recognized University.

Candidate should have Mathematics is the main subject.

And candidate required min 60% of marks.

And the arts stream candidates required min 65% of marks in Graduation.

List of Best M.Sc Maths Colleges in India :

St.Xavier's College , Kolkata

Loyola College , Chennai

Presidency College , Kolkata

Lady Brabourne College , Kolkata

Barkatullah University , Bhopal

Anna University , Chennai

Andhra University , Vishakhapatnam

M E S College of Arts , Commerce & Science

Ethiraj College for Women

Dyal Singh College

Acharya Narendra Dev College

IIT Kharagpur

IIT Bombay

IIT Delhi

IIT Madras

NIT Warngal

NIT Agartala

All the best..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?