19th May 2012, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

What is the right age to join Coaching for IIT?

which is the right age to join IIT coaching classes.

19th May 2012, 05:54 PM
romi_bal

Thumbs up Re: What is the right age to join Coaching for IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It is good to hear that you want to appear for IIT exam. It is considered to be toughest undergraduate exam of India. So to crack it you have to start self-preparation from class 9th as Coaching classes for IIT's are usually available from class 11th to 12th.
To appear for IIT minimum marks required in PCM is 60%.

List of IIT's

1. IIT KHARAGPUR
2. IIT MUMBAI
3. IIT KANPUR
4. IIT MADRAS
5. IIT DELHI
6. IIT GUWAHATI
7. IIT ROORKEE
8. IIT INDORE
9. IIT ROPAR
10. IIT BHUVANESHWAR
11. IIT MANDI
12. IIT GANDHINAGAR
13. IIT HYDERABAD
14. IIT PATNA
15. IIT RAJASTHAN
16. IIT VARANASI
19th May 2012, 07:11 PM
Manpreet14

Default Re: What is the right age to join Coaching for IIT?

[IMG]C:\Users\Manpreet\Desktop\career.jpg[/IMG]

Dear Candidate,

I think you have to join IIT coaching classes right from the start of 11th class and continue with 12th class also....

Then you will score good marks in IIT exam...

-> Work hard for IIT exam to crack the exam...
15th June 2012, 01:17 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the right age to join Coaching for IIT?

Hi

IIT is the Indian Institute of Technology which is the top Technical colleges chain in India.
They conduct the most famous entrance exam called the IIT JEE. i.e Joint Entrance Examination which is considered to be the toughest Undergraduate Entrance Exam in the country.

The Basic Eligibility Criteria to apply for the IIT JEE is that the candidate should be a minimum 12th pass from a recognized school with over 60% aggregate in it.

Also the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects in the Higher Secondary.

Now coming to your question, I would say that there is on specific time to start preparing for the IIT JEE. It is such a tough exam that you would require as much practice as you can do to crack it.
However the best time to start preparations is right after you start your Class 11th. That time all the courses start in all the 3 subjects and you can study for the entrances as well.
So the right age to start your preparations for the IIT JEE is 16 years onwards.
I would also suggest you to take up some coaching from reputed centers like Bansal, Resonance, FIIT JEE, Narayana, Vidya Mandir Classes, etc..

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
15th June 2012, 01:21 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Its better to start preparing for this exam right from class 11 as you will get more time to get used to the exam pattern.

Moreover there is a vast subject to cover and pressure to score good in your board exam as well.

So divide time properly and make sure none get neglected.

Here are some of the top IIT institutions here:-

Akash institute
Brilliant Tutorials
FIIT JEE
Bansal Classes
PIE Education
15th June 2012, 02:20 PM
guruvana244

It is Important to know certain basic things Before you put your son into this Coaching Thing.

Pre-Requisites :

# Of All the Necessary Steps, you need to first know your child's Capabilities. As In:
  • Is your Child Ready For the Big Leap?
  • Is he aware of what IIT really is?
  • Is he Accustomed to competitive atmosphere?
  • Do Depressions Drag Him To the Ground?
# I Ask you out these things because its not that you just put him in some IIT Coaching Centre and Expect him to Crack IIT-JEE!
JEE is more about Self-Discipline, Sincerity, and Most Important Of ALL Hard Work.
Good Coaching Centres :
The Next Important Thing is Searching A Good Coaching Centre.

As in:
  • Has Very Good Experience in Training IIT-Aspirants in Cracking IIT-JEE.
  • Be Very Carefull Of The Fake Claimings of Ranks Bagged by the Coaching Centres.
  • Training JEE-Aspirants Has become a Commercial Buiseness Option to many Off Late, So Be very carefull Of this Thing.
List Of Some Good Coaching centres :
# FIITJEE
# BANSAL Classes
# Narayana Group Of Institutions (Be very carefull toselect only famed Branches)
Personal Opinion:

# Take Your Ward To some IIT Institute(just to show him what IIT is ) And also Some Local Engieering College (To show What Makes the Difference).

# Also Take Him to one of the JEE Examination Centre to let him get an awareness of what amount of competition is Prevailing for JEE .

# Its not enough if the parents have an insight into what IIT is. The Real People Who are Worth it are the Lad's.
{{{So Please let them Get inspired from the very sources that have inspired you to take a step to put your lad in it.}}}

RIGHT TIME:

# Two Years Of thorough Preparation Would more than suffice your child to crack JEE!

I Wish All The Very Best For Your Son's Career,

Good Luck!!!
15th June 2012, 03:26 PM
__Prateek
Member+

BEST TIME TO JOIN IIT COACHING

its always better to join the iit coaching as early as possible before getting to late.

late joining can develop pressure because of huge syllabus and prepation for school board ie. 12th board . so the student get nervous and demoralized and cannot get success.

> the best time for joining is after 10th board exam.

because at this time the candidate has a calm and relaxed mind , and everybody knows that a relaxed mind is easiest to mold.

moreover its not compulsory that you have to join the coaching classes to crack iit jee

many students crack iit just with proper school study , self study , proper planning and help from teachers

GOOD IIT COACHING CENTRES

1. akash institute

2. brilliant tutorials

3. FIIT JEE

4. Bansal classes

5. pie education

FEES STRUCTURE

mostly all the good coaching classes will cost you upto 80,000 rs. for 1 yr course and around 1,00,000 - 2,00,000 rs. for the 2 yr course.
16th June 2012, 07:40 AM
Suha Thalib.k.k

Hai friend,
according to me,you can join to IIT after completing your 12'th.the main things to remember that you should have minimum of 60 in your 12'th and will have a very good knowledge about the subjects such as physics,chemistry and mathematics.since you have to combitate with many students,you have better to join in any good coaching center and do your best in the exam.
4th August 2012, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

in which age i should appear in iit enterance
8th February 2013, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Im very confused regarding IIT im of 9th grade and i study in a CBSE school.Everyone is taking up IIT coachings and i feel im lacking behind and i heard many people saying dat CBSE schools syllabus is quite easy. and i feel if i take up IIT coachings now it might clash up with my school syllabus but i have enormous interest cracking IIT.can you plz suggest me if i should join the coachings now or after my 10?
12th June 2014, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

Hey I joined iitians pace In april and I think I wasted my time over there.. I got negative feedbacks about it after I joined it . The way of teaching awful there...Now I want to join fiitjee n the new batch starts over there in july.......should I go for fiitjee or continue with pace only???????
20th October 2014, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

I'd say after 12. enjoy your school life a bit in class 11 n 12th. Yeah u'll lose one year in academics but atleast u get two years of a beautiful school life.
17th January 2015, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

In the 12th they v'll get 60% is only criteria or if they score more it v'll also considered
17th June 2015, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

my son is at present studying in 7th grade we are planning to join him in IIT coaching integrated school in 9th grade it it a right way to crack IIT JEE exam
22nd June 2015, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

My kid is in 7class os it right time to join him in IIT Coavhing so that hecan do well inother competitive exams also. Please guide me
30th November 2016, 11:13 PM
dikshu96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
People say you should start really early for IIT coaching, but it all depends on how fast you can grasp i think, because everyone has a different way of studying and a limit to how much they can.
A few coaching centres take an orientation and guide you as to when you should start preparing for IIT
Some of them are CatalyseR coaching classes and allen classes
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?