18th September 2012, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

What is the salary package of a company secretary in commerce?

What is the salary pakage of company secretary in commerce?

18th September 2012, 07:43 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the salary package of a company secretary in commerce?

There would be no change in the salary is you are commerce or science students. Company Secretary is a very important job in the corporate world. Today it is mandatory to have a Company Secretary.

Under the Company Act of 1956 the Section 383A clearly specifies that any private or public sector company with share capital of Rs 5 crore and more is required to hire a Company Secretary. Therefore from PSUs to big corporate houses, everyone has to hire a Company Secretary under government rule.

Companies Secretaries are the professionals who are trained in fields like taxation structure, corporate laws, governance principles etc. There allround expertise help them advise the senior management or board of directors of a company to take decisions that are within the legal framework of the country.

The advise of the Company Secretary ensures smooth operations of the company under Indian laws. CS also ensures that decision taken by the management is implemented within the given deadline.

Company Secretary also has to play a very crucial role of mediator between the company and government, enforcement agecny etc. CS also interacts with the shareholders on the behalf of the company.

To become Company Secretary a candidate is required to pass the course offered by The Institute of Company Secretaries Of India (ICSI). There are three stages of Company Secretary course.

Foundation Course

>> English and Business Communication

>> Elements of Business Laws and Management

>> Economics and Statistics

>> Financial Accounting

Intermediate Course

>> General and Commercial Laws

>> Company Accounts

>> Cost and Management Accounting

>> Tax Laws

>> Company Law

>> Economic and Labour Laws

>> Securities Laws and Compliances

Final Course

>> Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency

>> Company Secretarial Practice

>> Drafting ,Appearances ,Pleading

>> Strategic Management , Alliances and International Trade

>> Advanced Tax Laws and Practice

>> Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management

>> Governance , Business Ethics and Sustainability

>> Financial , Treasury , Forex Management

Salary

There are various factors that would decide the salary of the Company Secretary. Some people after completing CS also opt for LLB which is considered as killer combination. Such candidates are likely to get better salary package. A lot also depends on the companies. However mainly the salary of Company Secretary starts from Rs 20,000 and could go up to Rs 70,000.
18th September 2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

sir i am study at NIIT and i am pursuing b.sc in IT with GNIT course. After gradutation what is the best for me , taking jor or going to higher studies. like that mba or mca
18th September 2012, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

ARE THERE ARE ANY JOBS FOR MBA FINANCE STUDENTS IF THERE ARE WHICH TYPE OF JOBS I GET PLZ SEND ME COMPANY NAME WHICH ARE OFFERING JOBS FOR ME MY MAIL ID IS [email protected]
25th May 2013, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

please can you tell what is the salary of b.com nd c.s student with all explaination
4th December 2013, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

i am b.com final year student & also doing cs what is the salary package in these type of student
16th October 2014, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm doing b.com as well as cs foundation course there is a scope for this job in future I won't answer for that pls provide me thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?