4th April 2012, 09:56 AM
Ashdoe

What shall I do to become Army Officer being a Jawan in Indian Army?

I have allready in Indian Army as Jawan but i have become as an Army Officer.so what can i do this?

4th April 2012, 04:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to become Army Officer being a Jawan in Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdoe View Post
I have allready in Indian Army as Jawan but i have become as an Army Officer.so what can i do this?

If you have completed 12th standard then you are applicable for Indian Army exam through NDA exam.

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year.

NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:

• Indian Air Force
• Indian Navy
• Indian Army

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable for NDA exam.You must have citizenship of India.

The another way , you can join Indian Army through CDS exam.But you must have graduation degree .

This exam is conducted by twice time in a year through CDS exam.The details of this exam given below.

EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. (with Physics or Mathematics) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy: Degree of recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

AGE CRITERIA

Age Limit For IMA:19-24 Years

Age Limit For OTA:19-23 Years

Age Limit For Naval Academy:19-22 Years

Age Limit For AFA :19-25 Years

For more details CLICK HERE

4th April 2012, 05:12 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to become Army Officer being a Jawan in Indian Army?

As you are a jawan in Indian Army then it will be easier for you to join as an Army officer then the General candidate. You can do that in basically two ways:-

By appearing through NDA exam/CDS exam depending upon your age and qualification.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

In order to apply for NDA, you must be an unmarried Indian male having completed 12th in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age.

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam also conducted by UPSC twice every year.

In order to apply for CDS exam you must be an unmarried Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years.

For both NDA and CDS, the selection is through written exam followed by SSB interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test. As you are now serving Indian Army as a Jawan, the physical Fitness will not be problem for you. So try to do your best in the written exam, you can join Indian Army as an Officer.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th April 2012, 06:07 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

NDA exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) which is conducted twice a year....

Qualifications:-

* You should have passed your 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics.

* 16 ˝ to 19 years

*You should be indian.

EDUCATION:-

1) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy:- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2) For Indian Naval Academy:- Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. (with Physics or Mathematics) for NCC entry.

3) For Air Force Academy:- Degree of recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

AGE CRITERIA:-

Age Limit For AFA :19-25 Years

WISH YOU GOOD LUCK
9th April 2012, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

eligibility to become an indian army after diploma textile
10th April 2012, 12:24 PM
param pita

Hello sir,If you have completed 12th standard then you are applicable for Indian Army exam through NDA exam.

NDA stand for National Defence Service Exam.This exam is conduct twice time in a year.

NDA Examination is conducted in 3 wings:

• Indian Air Force
• Indian Navy
• Indian Army

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable for NDA exam.You must have citizenship of India.

The another way , you can join Indian Army through CDS exam.But you must have graduation degree .

This exam is conducted by twice time in a year through CDS exam.The details of this exam given below.

EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. (with Physics or Mathematics) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy: Degree of recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

AGE CRITERIA

16th January 2013, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

what type of question asked in written exam for a soldier to become army officer.what are the basics for ssb interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?