22nd December 2011, 10:28 AM

What shall I do to get into Software field having secured 41% in 10th, 51% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech?

i m in B.tech(ece) of 2008-2012 Batch. i have 41% in 10th and 51% in 12th and in b.tech 70%. i want go in software field .what should i do for that .

Related Questions:
  1. Which software companies to apply based on my B.Tech CGPA score and marks in 10th and 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Which Software Companies am I eligible having secured 55% in B.Tech and less than 60% in 10th and 12th class?
  3. How to get job in Software field after B.E. CSE?
  4. Job opportunities in IT/Software field for a candidate who has secured 70% in B.Tech?
  5. For which software companies am I eligible after scoring 86.2% in 10th, 76% in 12th and 60.67% in B.Tech?
  6. Am I eligible for WIPRO for software job after securing 70% in 12th and 55.3% in B.Tech
  7. Whether IT Industries requires sufficient percentage in 10th and 12th for job recruitment?
  8. Am I eligible for TCS Off Campus Recruitment having secured 85.2% in 10th, in 91% in 12th and 68.21% in B.Tech?
  9. Will I be able to get Job being a candidate having secured above 75% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech having a gap of 4 years?
  10. Will I be eligible to join in IT companies after scoring 50% in 12th and 55% in 10th?
  11. How to enter in software filed with 53% marks in 10th? Which companies are suitable for me?
  12. Am I eligible for any Software Company to get some experience having scored 58% in 10th, 55% in 12th and 55% in B.Tech?
  13. Is it easy to find a job in core companies for a girl? Should I prefer such kind of job? What would be career growth prospect?
  14. Am I eligible for GATE after scoring 58% in 10th and 71% in 12th
  15. How to go for software field after passing 12th with PCM? I have secured 49%
  16. Am I eligible to become a Software Developer in IBM if secured 62% in 10th, 65% in 12th and 66% in B.Tech(CSE)?
  17. Field apart from software engineering after B.Tech(ECE)?
  18. Can I try for a career in Software sector having three years gap between 10th and Diploma? -- [New]
22nd December 2011, 02:45 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What shall I do to get into Software field having secured 41% in 10th, 51% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i m in B.tech(ece) of 2008-2012 Batch. i have 41% in 10th and 51% in 12th and in b.tech 70%. i want go in software field .what should i do for that .
What shall I do to get into Software field having secured 41% in 10th, 51% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech?

Today almost every good company need at least 60% throughout your career .You have got good marks in B.Tech but your marks in class 10 and 12th is very less which creates difficulty .But don't worry still you can get job .You can follow the following instructions:
  • In order to get Job in software company you must have good command over programming languages like-C,C++,.NET ,JAVA ,PHP e.t.c
  • Since you don't have 60% marks in class 10th and 12th , i will suggest you to try to get a job in some small company.After getting some experiance of atleast 1 to 2 years ,apply for well-known companies .You will definitely get job.
  • If you insecure about getting job ,Then i will suggest you to join any Diploma course of .NET or JAVA in NIIT .These days NIIT is providing good placement to its students so it will definitely help you.
  • Submit your resume in several websites like :
  • In your leasure period try to improve your communication skill and your personality alongwith your english.

Just hope for the best , you will definitely get best results.

With Regards
ravik1214
22nd December 2011, 03:56 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to get into Software field having secured 41% in 10th, 51% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech?

dear friend,
my friend your 10th and 12th marks percentage is very poor, so you will not be able to appear in the campus drive of any giant IT company..

Eligibility to appear in the campus drive of Big IT companies:-

1.Candidate must have secured 60% aggregate through out the career.

2.Candidate must not have any study gap more than 2 years.

3.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.

As you don't have 60% aggregate through out the career, then sorry to say you tthat you are not eligible.

But you can go for small IT companies, and after gathering experience from the company you can try for Big IT companies.

All the best.
22nd December 2011, 04:01 PM
mani_baban

Default Re: What shall I do to get into Software field having secured 41% in 10th, 51% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech?

Today almost every good company need at least 60% throughout your career .You have got good marks in B.Tech but your marks in class 10 and 12th is very less which creates difficulty .But don't worry still you can get job .You can follow the following instructions:

In order to get Job in software company you must have good command over programming languages like-C,C++,.NET ,JAVA ,PHP e.t.c
Since you don't have 60% marks in class 10th and 12th , i will suggest you to try to get a job in some small company.After getting some experiance of atleast 1 to 2 years ,apply for well-known companies .You will definitely get job.
If you insecure about getting job ,Then i will suggest you to join any Diploma course of .NET or JAVA in NIIT .These days NIIT is providing good placement to its students so it will definitely help you.
Submit your resume in several websites like :
Naukri.com
MonsterIndia.com
Submit your Resume to top Software Companies
Times Jobs
In your leasure period try to improve your communication skill and your personality alongwith your english.

Just hope for the best , you will definitely get best results.
22nd December 2011, 04:43 PM
sumapr

why do you want to go to software field? It is too fluctuating field. Because of recession so many people lost there jobs. For godsake you are moving with a very good course. you continue in ECE and do M.Tech in Power Electronics or VLSI. Vlsi is a very interesting field and it has wide oppurtunity even and score well in M.tech. all the best.
If at all you want to go for software, you continue your M.Tech in CS & E branch so that easily you will be placed in as software Engineer
22nd December 2011, 04:55 PM
jayparikh

Thumbs up Re: What shall I do to get into Software field having secured 41% in 10th, 51% in 12th and 70% in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Hi Ashwini,

see, for any company comes for campus recruitment will demand minimum 60%, in some cases it may 55% , but this much percentage is must.

Now, your percentage is good in B.Tech. But, due to your 10th and 12th percentage , you may not able to sit in campus recruitment. Don't get tensed. I am showing the right picture.

so,Now you need to apply in small and medium companies directly,by your efforts.

For that they will ask you for the more computer knowledge as compared to company ask for the campus interview. It's fact. and also your percentage in 10th and 12th is very low, so,you need to have proper knowledge of the field. Then only you can urge them to consider you.

For this, you should have the knowledge of following concepts,I know as a student of ECE , it might difficult to do all this ,but as your goal is software industry ,so,you need to do this.

Here are the important concepts,interview point of view:-

-C

-c++

-Java

-Data management

-sql/plsql

-Unix/Linux

-Software engineering

If you can learn each of the above topics then I assure you, your percentage will not come in your way and you will get through.

For any other query,please write it here.

Best of luck

regards.
jayparikh
6th July 2013, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS TECHNICAL FIELD OPTION?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?