2nd May 2015, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

What should be done to join Journalism after 12th standard?

What should be done to join Journalism after 12th standard? Please provided me full information on this. Am just not sure what course I need to do to get into journalism. So, please provide me the information soon as possible as I need to take the course.

11th May 2015, 05:01 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be done to join Journalism after 12th standard?

Students who aspired to take round the clock duty hours and also feel to work for social cause then Journalism is one of the courses where you can set your career option. Journalism is the course which is a part of Mass communication field.

Students like you who have desired to pursue Journalism then students can pursue the course at degree or diploma levels from any reputed or recognized universities or institutes of India. Let’s discuss some eligibility criteria for Journalism course after 12th.

Students who have passed 12th with English as one of the main subject in any stream with at least 55% marks in final exams are eligible for degree or diploma course in Journalism. Delhi University conducts a common entrance test for Journalism i.e. CETJ which is for B.A degree in Journalism.

Now the question arises, how will you prepare for it?
  • The aptitude looks for the candidates who have good communication and interpersonal skills. They should have good command over English and speaking skills. You should be well versed with National and International news.
  • Reading and discussion habit can increase your communication skills and speaking skills if they are low.

Various Reputed colleges where you can pursue Journalism course.
  • B.A in Media & Communication, MASSCOMEDIA, Noida.
  • Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore, Karnataka
  • B.A in Journalism,T. John Group of Institutions, Bangalore.
  • B.A in Journalism and Mass Communication, Gateway Institute of Education, Bhopal.
  • Advance Diploma in Experimental Media Arts.
  • B.A in Journalism & Mass Communication, SRM University, Chennai.
  • IMCFTS, Kolkata
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?