5th January 2011, 07:34 PM
raki rakesh

What should an EEE student prefer after B.Tech. if field of interest is POWER SYSTEM?

hi, i am an e.e.e student. i have intrest on power systems. what should i prrefer after completing my b.tech?

13th January 2011, 10:36 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should an EEE student prefer after B.Tech. if field of interest is POWER SYSTEM?

hi...
i think you should give gate exam and try to do m.tech from institutes like IIT or NIT,
or you can try to get job in firms like NTPC
all the best
13th January 2011, 06:45 PM
kengkora

Default Re: What should an EEE student prefer after B.Tech. if field of interest is POWER SYSTEM?

If are interested in doing further studies than clear GATE with good percentile and join IIT and be master in your interested subject else join some company like POWERGRID where you will have practical experience of power system.
5th May 2011, 08:33 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should an EEE student prefer after B.Tech. if field of interest is POWER SYSTEM?

EEE : Electrical Electronics Engineering

Known for its Numerous opportunities in Power Generation Sector.

As EEE students are tested in all the main core areas of Electrical and Electronics Subjects so as to get familiar with all the available subjects and field in the markets

The Bachelors with EEE teaches you subjects from Electricals and also Electronics

Example Subjects from Electricals

->Basic Electrical Insturments

->Power Systems

->Generators

and so on

Example subjects from Electronics

->Signals and Systems

->MicroControllers

->Digital Signal Processing

and so on

Jobs after Bachelors in EEE can be done in both Govt and Pvt sector

In Govt sector the high end jobs like IES,power Engineer and so on are the core opportunities for you

In Pvt Sector there are many Aided companies like ECIL , BHEL , and many govt Power generating Organisation

if you are not interested in your core area then also you can get in to Civil services like IAS IPS and all

if not you can also go into software side like IBM GOOGLE TCS SATYAM and so on

these are the career opportunities and your life after B.tech and while doing b.tech..

and only one suggestion by me is

as the EEE branch is known for its rigor select this branch only if you are highly interested

if not you should face 4 years of boredom

think twice while taking a decision.

Regards

~AdityA~
5th May 2011, 06:33 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Wink Re: What should an EEE student prefer after B.Tech. if field of interest is POWER SYSTEM?

EEE IS AN ENGINEERING COURSE,MOSTLY WANTED IN MANY PUBLIC SECTOR AND PRIVATE SECTOR INDUSTRIES....

IF U ARE INTERESTED IN POWER SYSTEMS,U CAN GIVE GATE EXAM AND GET SELECTEDF IN NITs AND IITs FOR THE COMPLATION OF YOUR PG IN POWER SYSTEMS....

AFTER FINISHING PG IN POWERE SYSTEMS,U TRY TO GIVE IES EXAM FOR THE JOB IN GOVERNMENT SECTOR..

IF U PREPARE FOR GATE EXAM,THEN IES IS SOMEWHAT EASY TO U BECAUSE SYLLABUS OF GATE AND IES ARE SIMILAR....

IF U ARE INTERESTED TO DO RESEARCH IN THE FIELD OF POWER SYSTEMS,IT WILL BE USEFUL FOR U TO GET JOB IN ABROAD...

BECAUSE SCIENTISTS IN THE FIELD OF ELECTRONICS ARE VERY MUCH NEEDED IN ABROAD ...

TAKE DECISION AFTER THINKING TWICE...

ALL THE BEST MY DEAR FRIEND....

YOURS
<YOGI>
6th May 2011, 11:14 AM
Abhi..nav

Arrow Re: What should an EEE student prefer after B.Tech. if field of interest is POWER SYSTEM?

As you are a EEE Engigineering student you can get
good opertunity after Degree complition
from reputed companies if you have degree aggregate score 60-70-%
you can also go for GATE , through which you can get good colleges.
where you can select power Electronics, control System, etc
24th June 2011, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

hai sir i am a btech eee student of jntu university hyderabad. i just want to know, wats the required percentile for me to get a job in core side with a salary of upto 50000. do u recommend me to do m tech or wat
8th December 2011, 12:50 PM
jayparikh

Post Re: What should an EEE student prefer after B.Tech. if field of interest is POWER SYSTEM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raki rakesh View Post
hi, i am an e.e.e student. i have intrest on power systems. what should i prrefer after completing my b.tech?
Hi,

After completing your B.Tech,you have following choices:-
1)M.TECH
2)M.S
3)MBA
4)JOB
5)Teaching

Now, as you are interested in power system , It will be beneficial to you , if you go for higher studies M.Tech/M.S. as this is the one specialization in this course.

you can also go for a job in govt. as well as pvt. sector in the field of power system , you can opt for job in following companies:-

NTPC
RIL
Torrent electrics
Adani electrics
Engineers india LTD
Power finance corporation
Power grid corporation

so, you have to choose from this options as per your interest.
14th May 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

am b.tech eee student after my engineering shall i do embadded systems give me some suggestions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?