31st August 2012, 09:45 PM
uvxy

What should I do after scoring 70% aggregate in Civil engineering

Iam 4th year btech civil engineering.to maintain 70%aggregate.after completed my btech what the next purpose.

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of government jobs are there for me after scoring 72% aggregate
  2. What should I do after completing B.Tech? I am a 4th year B.Tech Civil Engineering student with 70% aggregate
  3. Best course which I can opt after pursuing B.Tech with 70% aggregate? Which are the different courses in Civil Engineering?
  4. How to get a job with 25k salary after passing Civil Engineering with 58% aggregate?
  5. How to get admission in M.Tech after scoring 74.5% aggregate in engineering?
  6. What are the career options after civil engineering B.E -- [New]
  7. Is is a good option to take Civil engineering as optional subject in Civil services exam? Is it easy to score at?
  8. Can I apply for AFCAT after scoring scoring 63% aggregate in B.E
  9. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  10. Is it possible to join B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completing 12th with 55% aggregate?
  11. Which is the most demanding engineering branch nowadays? I have completed M.A B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  12. Can I do masters in Automobile Engineering after scoring 62% aggregate? Will I get decent education institute with my score?
  13. Which post is good for me after scoring 61.47% aggregate?
  14. Am I eligible for M.Tech through Vishweshwara Technological University after passing with 54.41%? I have completed engineering in Civil
  15. In which course related to Civil Engineering should I do masters in Civil Engineering Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I apply for any PSU company after doing civil engineering with 58%
  17. Am I eligible to do MS in civil abroad in Germany? I have completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  18. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
18th December 2012, 02:47 PM
manikant09

Default Re: What should I do after scoring 70% aggregate in Civil engineering

i suggest you to get some experience here in india , atleast for 2 years.
and then apply for abroad jobs like in arab and dubai. you will get a lot of income.
2nd April 2013, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

sir ......my degree is going to to b finshed
so what can i do other than mtech nd mba.......but i m still for study so plz suggest me
2nd April 2013, 01:54 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

After completing graduation I believe you should apply for job. There will be good option in private as well government sector. Being a Civil Engineer with good percentage it won't be difficult to find a good job.

In my opinion you should first apply for the Indian Engineering Service. If you managed to clear this entrance exam you will have a great future working your way through to some very important posts in government sector.

The Indian Engineering Service is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. There are various government departments that requires Engineering graduates especially the Civil Engineers.

Road contruction, dam contruction, bridges etc would be work related to your degree. Some of the departments where you would be considered for job if managed to clear the exam are:

Indian Railway Service of Engineers

Indian Railway Stores Service

Central Engineering Service

Indian Defense Service of Engineers

Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)

Central Water Engineering

Central Engineering Service (Roads)

Border Roads Engineering Service

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin to apply for this exam.

2. Your Civil Engineering degree should be valid and from a recognized university.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The candidate should be 21 to 30 years to be eligible.

5. You can have 3 years relaxation if belongs to OBC.

6. There will be 5 years relaxation for you if belongs to SC or ST.

The other option for you would be Public Sector Undertaking which is also related to government sector. You will have to apply for the job in various companies. To do so carefully check the notification issued by each company for vacancies for Civil Engineers.

At this moment I will also urge you to appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE), even if you have no intention of doing M.Tech. The marks obtained in GATE play critical role during the selection process.

Eligibility

1. B.Tech degree from recognized college with minimum of 60 percent marks.

2. A valid GATE score that should not be more than 2 years old.

3. Your age should not be less than 21 or exceed 30 years.

4. The relaxation offered is same as mentioned for Indian Engineering Service above.

List of PSU

Indian Railways

Coal India

NTPC

BPCL

IOCL

ECIL

NALCO

GAIL

SAIL

HPCL

ONGC

MTNL

BSNL
21st May 2013, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

which is the best coarse after b.tech in civil engineering like auto cadd etc
6th June 2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

sir...
I completed B.Tech civil(2nd year).I would like to know which courses are useful in civil now a days to do
5th August 2013, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

i have 55% in my civil engg graduation. what are my options..am i liable for a job?
4th February 2014, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i have clear be 74% what should i do i would be like go a dubai saudi for job and then after 2 yers i wl mtect for structure pls give me advice what should i do
8th August 2015, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

sir completed b.tech civil(2nd year)with 7.8 ygpa what are my option am i libal for a job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?